Away fans in the new park end

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said this exact same thing to my arl fella a few years ago but like everyone else in this thread he reckons I´m wrong. I was only 5 at the time so easily done I guess.

I just remember looking along the stand and seeing the away fans celebrating all the time. Classic first memory of Everton, watching the other team celebrate. Some things never change.

There was definitely a barrier there but it was never actually used for away fans in the end. Think the club expected the stand to be half empty most of the time as gates were really poor in the early 90's but as I said above, crowds picked up from 94/95 onwards.

I worked at the time for the company that installed that barrier. We were told it was to keep north enders and south enders separate from each other as they were different. I was from the north end of liverpool and couldn't even work in the part designated for the south enders. We asked about people from the wirral but were told that they didn't offend anyone. Not sure if that apartheid system still operates

Slightly off topic but I can't remember which side was the paddock and the enclosure before all seating ? I used to stand under the main stand now the family enclosure .

The Park End has never hosted away fans since the old one was demolished. It's always been for home fans exclusively since.

I do remember though Roy Evans, then Liverpool manager, cryarseing after his side were beaten in Joe Royle's first game as manager, about the fact we hadn't given their fans the new Park End as we did with the old.

Park End fans are terrible. Generally dripping in sweat and bile for their team. Only one behind the Top Balcony as the worst set of fans in my book.

Park End fans are terrible. Generally dripping in sweat and bile for their team. Only one behind the Top Balcony as the worst set of fans in my book.
What??

Top balcony is the home of the true connoisseurs of footie. Everyone knows that.

Status
Not open for further replies.