Attendances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goodison9

Player Valuation: £500k
Just had a thought about when the eventual return of football is this country and the impact of the numbers of people attending games will be.

Personally I’m surprised that how little I have missed the football at the moment, understandably the situation we are currently in is a distraction and football rightly takes a backseat but I just feel that it as highlighted how disillusioned I have been in general.

Don't get me wrong I love going to Goodison on a weekend and I can’t see it changing any time soon but will we or any other teams see a drop in attendances? Will fans still be worried about the Virus still? Will it effect our move to Bramley-Moore?

Way to much money involved and when, without getting to political, nurses are earning less than a year that a average footballer earns in a month then football needs to put into perspective.

The only question I can answer there is no, it won’t affect our move to Bramley Moore.

Fair enough, bit of a long winded question to be honest didn’t really think it through, no one at this moment really knows the implications and are obviously distracted elsewhere.

Not sure what the overall point was in all honestly, maybe financially Bramley-Moore will happen but the distraction can’t be helping? The attendances in the future might lead to a rethink? Not actually sure.

We're getting a glimpse of how much better society could be with our priorities being put right by a global danger.

Sadly I fear once this is all over human greed will quickly reestablish itself. The billionaire media owners will do their usual over the top hype to tempt people back to the pantomime so they can sell armchair tickets again to those earning a pittancem

It's good point about attendances, especially in the first few weeks/months, I could imagine a lot of people will still be apprehensive about being in large crowds, that will obviously change as we slowly get back to our normal routines

It could be a lot harder for lower league teams that really need the fans to turn up so while the prem and championship will be back to business as usual it could be a long hard financial time for the lower leagues who will be struggling already

It's good point about attendances, especially in the first few weeks/months, I could imagine a lot of people will still be apprehensive about being in large crowds, that will obviously change as we slowly get back to our normal routines

It could be a lot harder for lower league teams that really need the fans to turn up so while the prem and championship will be back to business as usual it could be a long hard financial time for the lower leagues who will be struggling already
I think the pyramid will shrink enormously. New teams will come in eventually, probably on a more amateur basis, maybe with sensible pay.

At the minute, it feels nowhere near a priority to be thinking about going to goodison.

But personally, once it’s all over, I won’t be quick to take for granted things like being able to go the match, go for a pint with mates, go to a gig etc. I’m sure it will be the same for many others as well.

I expect sporting events etc, to have very strong attendances post lockdown.

Personally I think when it restarts, people who are still worried will soon be gazumped by people who are slightly different to the OP, and will be gagging to get back.

i like to think im a very Good Everton Fan, I go home and away, but it’s not my life. In the three weeks since no football, I’ve missed out ona holiday, missed out on my mates wedding and I’m more gutted about missing them then I am about missing Norwich Vs. Everton.

i know lads who every away make a proper day of it, no matter where it is, and go the preseason aways in the middle of a Swiss field, but they’ve got nothing else, and I respect their stance, they know no better... but no matter what we’ll have those who are like that who will have those last few tickets.

I’ll be buzzing when it’s back, but I’m like you, not missing it so far.

Would not be surprised when games do return it could be with reduced capacity for a while .
It would be a sensible idea,but the tribal instincts would probably prevail and rather than sit spaced out the supporters would just crowd together. The numbers of people trying their best to break lock down doesn't fill me with confidence.

I would like for things to go back to the way that they were yes. Unfortunately I think we are more likely to be attending vicious gorefilled beyond thunderdome style battle events in the new dsytopian apocalyptic society rather than a good old game of togger.

Anyone who went to Millwalll last season will know the feeling.

We're getting a glimpse of how much better society could be with our priorities being put right by a global danger.

Sadly I fear once this is all over human greed will quickly reestablish itself. The billionaire media owners will do their usual over the top hype to tempt people back to the pantomime so they can sell armchair tickets again to those earning a pittancem
This mate.

We have all learned who the essential workers really are in society.

On topic, I told my lad today that our holiday this summer is cancelled and his immediate response was can we still go to watch Everton play?

Priorities indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.