Match Thread ATK Irdning v Everton Saturday 14th July 4pm KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's like Andy Murray borrowing a secondary schools tennis court to train. Plays one of the people from the school, wins 6-0, 6-0, 6-0 and then puts it about everywhere.

I remember years ago, in the days of 'Everton A' and 'Everton B' we played 'Everton B' in the Liverpool senior or Junior Cup, can't remember which. We were an average Shipping League team and on the morning of the game we had a visit to Threlfalls Brewery arranged, with the included hospitality. So,this half drunk team of lower grade amateurs ran rings around an Everton team of 14 year olds on 'schoolboy forms', for all of ten minutes and led 2-0. I'm afraid we ran out of steam then, and lost the game 14-2. Great performance by our goalkeeper!!

Were the team even professional?

Far from it. They're Austrian Oberliga-Nord. That's the 6th tier of the Austrian football league system, of which only the 1st tier is pro, the 2nd tier is semi-pro, and everything 3rd-tier (already non-league here, separated by region) and below is rank amateur.

So a team from the 6th tier is equivalent of the fun-leagues in England that office bods play mid-week after work.

I agree. So why make it public on the website?

The pre-season fixture list was there for everyone to see beforehand, what are they supposed to do wipe the result out after we won?

Even when you play novices it is still rare to score that many. A lot world have downed tools after the first x many if we didn't have a new manager but the fact they wanted to impress and the change of team at half time wanting to equal what the others did in the first led to a freak result.

Ok the club tweet could have had a bit more humility, but it wasn't THAT bad. No one inside the club have come out and said we will be world champions off the back of this result and it's not our fault that the mainstream media have picked it up and added the hype.

Storm in a tea cup if you ask me.

Paid for this but was out - anyone know how I can go watch the full 90 now? The website is confusing.
It did not seem to matter if you payed or not,as Everton messed up,and everyone that clicked the link seem to get the game for free anyway lol,i also payed for it,but if they carry on without seeing,think we might get all hopefully

Status
Not open for further replies.