Match Thread Aston Villa vs Everton. Saturday 14th August 12:30 KO

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think our best chance of a goal here is to hope Mings is Annoyed enough with Gerrard to volley it into his own goal from 25 yards.

Ings hadn't had a sniff for most of the game although all it takes is the ball to his feet and he will cause a threat. Apart from the goal, what had Pickford done?

I get that it's disappointing and in the final third we've been lacklustre, but overall I don't feel as if the performance has been as poor as some will now say.

We're just being shackled by not putting pressure on their defence and having a front three who currently look unable to put the ball near the net, let alone in.

A new striker and DCL's return will chance a lot, I'm sure of it. K'in ell, if Iwobi wasn't our best midfielder I'd suggest putting him up front.
I agree with this, we’ve got nothing in the final third, absolutely no dimension to play there with. We need to play for set pieces

This is just hopeless. Tactics are cack but individually poor performances and dreadful decision making are compounding it.

Status
Not open for further replies.