Match Thread Aston Villa vs Everton. Saturday 14th August 12:30 KO

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why oh why etc...Does Lampard eventually go to a Back 4 trying to fix the problems created by a Back 3...yes I know there are extenuating circumstances - like crap players and no striker etc.

But; if in trying to win the game, the solution is a Back 4 + plus other changes...and we did look miles better in the last 15 - 20 mins.

Most guessed that a repeat of last week might be doomed to fail.
Why not go with the Plan B from the start.

Just sayin like.

Why oh why etc...Does Lampard eventually go to a Back 4 trying to fix the problems created by a Back 3...yes I know there are extenuating circumstances - like crap players and no striker etc.

But; if in trying to win the game, the solution is a Back 4 + plus other changes...and we did look miles better in the last 15 - 20 mins.

Just sayin like.
I still think we are being managed with a degree of fear, Lampard doesn’t have much confidence in the team.

Quite chilled about this,maybe I'm getting old?starting to look at the bigger picture from the absolute mess we have become and I can actually see improvement,we are now looking like we can actually defend and absorb pressure without abject capitulation, Patterson looks a find,iwobi is doing a job for us,the Onana cameo gave us an exciting glimpse of the future,we need a number six desperately and a couple of forwards and we will be fine,well midtable fine I am sure,it will be a long process this but you lay the foundations with your defence and we are noticeably better in that area now.
Said exactly the same, we will be in the top half of the table at the end of the season

Just sayin like.
I agree, the answer is he doesn't trust the players .

This will be the downfall of him. Still figuring players and systems out two games in to the season is a worry really.

Just sayin like.
FL bought McNeil who is known for his crosses into the box. He must play wide and preferably in a midfield of 4. On the other hand , FL got Coady who lost his place at Wolves because they change the system from 3 to 4 at the back. For me it seems like FL can't make up his mind. He must get this right!

Just sayin like.
But it's a balance I agree he was too cautious yesterday he should have started Rondon or Alli for me and we did look better going forward when they come on with Onana, but on the other hand as soon as we go to a back four we are wide open as seen by the second goal. I don't think we have a back four that will be strong enough defensively so that's why we play five. But for it to work the wingbacks need to get much higher and we need better forwards. The issue is we need a strong DM to play 433, so waiting on Gana maybe?

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.