Match Thread Aston Villa vs Everton. Saturday 14th August 12:30 KO

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just like last week, it's not just the lack of a striker that's the issue.

It's the lack of a player to create any decent chances or show any composure in the final third.

Richy or DCL and we win that.
Why?

We didn't create any sitters that were missed, bar the one that fell to Gray's feet in the first half and I've seen DCL and Richy miss loads of those.

We don't create good chances.

Anyway, one of those players now plays for Spurs and the other one won't be back until October.

Jeez stop wetting your pants one game as a late sub.
It wasn't even based on his performance but by the way he speaks and carries himself as a 20 year old. Mature beyond his years and he's a physical specimen to excel in the Premier League. The comments by reputable people in the game and the little cameo reaffirmed the above. Sometimes you just know.

First goal for me was on Doucoure and Coady should have made a JT type slide block which would saved the goal - Matty Cash made two in the second half. But Coady played well overall and the defence generally looked organised. Everyone seems to love him and it's a great story but the quality from Mykolenko was so poor. You compare him to someone like Chilwell or Robertson it's night and day. My initial reservations about McNeil have been accurate but he can't really be judged when he has been brought in to deliver for a centre forward when he has an average winger, Tin Head, playing through the middle. Gray was poor along with the other signing by Benetiz, Rondon, who should have equalised with a tap in but started his run far too late.

Iwobi very good again. Davies did well when he came on and Patterson showed promise.
Agree with most of that but did you see Holgate flick his heel up behind him to block that shot when he should have flung his body in front of it? Maybe I’m being harsh but it looked a pathetic effort.

Also Davies was poor I thought but we all recognise different elements when watching a game which is why I like seeing others reactions on here.?

Status
Not open for further replies.