Match Thread Aston Villa vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll...

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I’d leave it a few days for some of you to calm down . I have been reading the comments on here and it’s seems a lot of you are concentrating on how bad Everton were. I never got to watch the game, but can a case be made for Villa playing well and you just got beat by the better team on the night? Could we take any credit for the win, or were Everton that bad. I really didn’t expect the win if I’m being honest, but it’s a great result for us. I also keep reading on our forum how good the villa fans got behind the team, which is a huge positive for us too.

Thought I’d leave it a few days for some of you to calm down . I have been reading the comments on here and it’s seems a lot of you are concentrating on how bad Everton were. I never got to watch the game, but can a case be made for Villa playing well and you just got beat by the better team on the night? Could we take any credit for the win, or were Everton that bad. I really didn’t expect the win if I’m being honest, but it’s a great result for us. I also keep reading on our forum how good the villa fans got behind the team, which is a huge positive for us too.
It’s not like you played us off the park but when you went forward you looked good only on the counter you couldn’t play though us but the flip side of that is all we did was pass from side to side you look comfortable most of the game until we made the 2 subs we should of scored 2 but unfortunately for us fell to the 2 worst players you could wish for
Villa 100% deserved the win think they will finish around 11-14

The credit I'd give is that you were disciplined and clinical.

But honestly I've never seen so many individual poor performances from an Everton team.

I didn’t think we’d be able to play through you. It seems that’s how we might hurt the bigger teams is when we counter attack as we have the players to pull it off. I’m glad big Wesley got off the mark. How did Grealish play?

Some goid points there mate. I thought the Villa were excellent in defence. Sitting high up in the stand you see a different game, was able to see how well organised you were. The times we did get behind our final ball was awful. We didnt have anyone with the nous to break you down as you did with your first goal, excellent imo. Also thought the Villa crowd were brilliant as well. Was talking to a Villa fan after the game and he said if we had a Kane or a Vardy, Everton would have won. Hecsaid Villa just kept going further and further back like they did against Spurs and paid the price.

Villa executed their plan well; sit back, then tackle as Everton progress, break quickly while the RB/LB are committed forward and outrun the slow CMs. The Everton midfield did play very badly. If they were good Everton might have scored, but I'm not sure that would have prevented Villa scoring.

The Mrs. and I were there too - snuck out of work. Crap game notwithstanding, hope you enjoyed Turnmill - place gets wild when we do well.

Yes, second time there and was enjoyable, game aside. My 8 year old was over too and was well impressed by the EFC NYC badges in the bill at the end, nice touch. Great bar for any other toffees on a visit.

Some views having taken the time to consider things.

1. Calvert-Lewin should not appear in another first team squad. Not good enough. A League 1 player.

2. Schneiderlin should not appear in another first team squad. Totally anonymous on Friday. It was like playing with 10 men for the whole game.

3. Walcott missing that chance near the end is not acceptable for a professional footballer with many years of experience. That DID cost us the game.

Quite simply, the Manager has got to be more ruthless with the deadwood.

Why cannot Silva see what the supporters can see with these three...?

Status
Not open for further replies.