Match Thread Aston Villa vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll...

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone got a spare ticket for this? If not then worst case has to be implemented and accept the offer of a home end freebie. If the later is the case then those that go should look out for the Matrix style fight in the Holt End when we score

Attachments

• 5-matrix_reloaded.jpg
    5-matrix_reloaded.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 96
A lot of our fans would take a point before the game. I wouldn’t, it’s too early to be talking like that, although I will admit another defeat would send some of our fans into a frenzy . I think this will be a very very competitive game. I’m just gutted I’m on holiday for it. I think we will struggle to score against you tbf, but I just hope the fans are up for it and can urge us forward.

My only concern is if Digne is out - Baines just hasn't the pace these days and Villa's main strength seems to be out wide which is a concern.

If Digne is fit then we have to be winning this no excuses.

A lot of our fans would take a point before the game. I wouldn’t, it’s too early to be talking like that, although I will admit another defeat would send some of our fans into a frenzy . I think this will be a very very competitive game. I’m just gutted I’m on holiday for it. I think we will struggle to score against you tbf, but I just hope the fans are up for it and can urge us forward.

first goal is the key here, we score first think it might deflate your players abit and might find it hard to break us down

seen something the other day about grealish playing in 20 consecutive premier league losses, everton are absolute built to break records like that so find comfort in that, you got any players who hasn't scored for years? would play him as well

It's weird to think that they spent so much money in the summer, their squad looks very average.

It will be a difficult game though, they're going to bang up for it to get their first points of the season so we're going to have to maintain our excellent defensive record and make sure we're razor sharp upfront (that means no DcL).

Nah mate, a lot of our fans will say Villa are crap, we're boss, and we'll beat them 3 or 4 nil, then when it's 1 - 1 they'll then say a point away to Villa is a good result.

It would concern me that Villa will be under a bit of pressure already, and will need a result. I think they will test our mettle very much and be all swashbuckling, so we have to hold firm on that particularly for the first half hour. A Sky game, Friday night, at home, it has all the ingredients for them to kick-start their season.

Generally I'd rather avoid playing the promoted sides away early on and more so on the back of two defeats for them already.

At this stage, with players still to come in and settle in, and our goalscoring issues, another away point in those circumstances, would be acceptable.

Ultimately of course it depends on what the game itself is like before you can say what scoreline you would settle for. But on balance, I think we'll be doing very well to win here. Their defensive vulnerability and perhaps lack of nous is our way in, but only if we take the chances that come our way.

I have a feeling we might go down by the odd goal or get another drab point like at Palace.

This will be a stiff challenge.

Everton aren't firing on all cylinders yet, are vulnerable to a super motivated newly promoted side who are used to winning.

Will be a narrow win at best. I hope no new injuries nor suspensions either.

Villa man for man are atrocious.

Digne will be fit to play.

Hope he gives kean a start instead of the striker who never scores.

Should be battering this lot if any ambition for top 6.
Its the perfect… "Welcome to the PL" game. Give Kean and Gbamin the confidence booster, Iwobi to show off, Hopefully Richy/Siggy get back to pace, and the D continue the fantastic start to the season

Status
Not open for further replies.