Match Thread Aston Villa v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we can all see he is trying to instil a strong work ethic and organising how we approach games

today was a proving point that this isn’t an easy fix, and will take time to resolve

the fragility in this team was once again laid bare for all to see

a good start to the season, but going to be difficult

That's why some lads shouldn't be going over the top with their praise of Benitez mate.

That's why some lads shouldn't be going over the top with their praise of Benitez mate.
It cuts both ways though. People going mad over the manner of the defeat, all 3 goals were avoidable but weren't as bad as been suggested on here. I thought we were well in the game until the corner debacle and we kept Ings and watkin pretty quiet throughout. We certainly missed DCL and Richy upfront. Its early days but im pretty upbeat if we can get a 1st 11 on the pitch for most games.

It cuts both ways though. People going mad over the manner of the defeat, all 3 goals were avoidable but weren't as bad as been suggested on here. I thought we were well in the game until the corner debacle and we kept Ings and watkin pretty quiet throughout. We certainly missed DCL and Richy upfront. Its early days but im pretty upbeat if we can get a 1st 11 on the pitch for most games.

I agree, there wasn't much between us and them before they scored, then we did a Burnley, we have our strongest 11 out then I reckon we beat them. It's the over the top praising of Benitez though mate, I'm actually wondering now if it's being done on purpose from some just as wind - up.

I agree, there wasn't much between us and them before they scored, then we did a Burnley, we have our strongest 11 out then I reckon we beat them. It's the over the top praising of Benitez though mate, I'm actually wondering now if it's being done on purpose from some just as wind - up.
I agree its early days and if I'm honest I cant stand the in fighting amongst our fanbase regarding him and James. It's getting beyond a joke. The most important thing is the team playing for each other and if they do that the club will get behind them. I've never warmed to him previously but the thing I will praise the fact that he appears to putting alot of work into this job and seems to be very professional which is the minimum requirement i would expect from the manager of our football club.

The knee jerking that shines through after a bad result is ridiculous. Can’t and wouldn’t win them all. City have a billions worth of players and can’t go unbeaten so why we are all of sudden expected too is again ridiculous.
One loss and some go on like we’re Derby County and then pretend James cares one jot about us while he rules himself out with injury.

We have played five matches this season. Keane has been involved and at fault, to varying degrees, to goals conceded in almost every game. Every opposition manager and player sees this too, this will continue until we drop/sell him.
Have to agree. The odd good game here and there. The rest is a mistake in waiting.Mina and godfrey (who is not a left or right back as if mina or keane played out there it would be unfair to judge them too. )

We played well for an hour+ for a side that had to be changed up due to injuries. We had a plan that we looked to execute and played some good counters a number of times but just unable to find the killer final ball. Gray had another very solid game.
Yeh, what a shame we haven't got anyone on the books who can thread through balls....oh hang on........

Status
Not open for further replies.