Match Thread Aston Villa v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet again the Prem officials showing they are the worst in the land.

Letting Mings get treated on the pitch for 3 minutes without having to leave the field at any point seemed odd too.
It’s equally baffling to me how submissive we are to these decisions. We just let it happen. We should’ve refused to throw it back in until the ref followed the rules. Mings ended up heading it out!!

Compared to a fair few games, I didn't think the 2nd half was to bad, but seems I'm in the minority. Not saying it was great, just not as bad as some of the performances this season. What is a harsh reality check is everyone is slating Arsenal this season, and Everton are only 1 point above them.

....set our stall out for a 1-0 but the margins are so fine it’s not always going to happen.

Better 2nd half. Had situations we failed to make the most of rather than creating lots of chances. Lack of quality when ball fell to shooting opportunities on the edge of the box, Gomes & Doucoure in particular.

Godfrey 8/10 is always 8/10. Those who are on him getting in the Euro squad at 20-1 will be happy he’s starting to get a few mentions.

so after 35 games we are:

we are 2 points behind David Moyes' west ham with a much crapper goal difference
we are level on points with a Spurs side who sacked their manager and employed a 12 year old with a much crapper goal difference
we are 1 point ahead of arsenal a side that has been mocked all season and who we beat twice this season with a much crapper goal difference

if we don't get 6 points from sheffield united and wolves then that is it, any chance of european football is dead

Looking forward to the rule change to allow knee high tackles now.

Isn't that what they do to cover for their referees appalling decisions?

What is the point of VAR ? Last game it missed a clear handball, sending off and a penalty., In one incident. This week a knee high lunge with studs, what is the point.

Don't think Richarlison an DCL make a good partnership , good players but don't link up well enough, they definitely need Rodriquez with them, because we don't create enough. Right winger and right fullback priorities for us next season.
It’s like there’s an issue there, is Richy sulking because DCL has scored more than him?

For Carlo this was probably a 'don't lose under any circumstances' game. And we didn't. it would have been great to sneak one at the end but it didn't happen. Seeing that performance I feel even more sorry for Davies who should have played instead of the Icelandic Ghost and would at least have given it a go. Gomes was better than Gylfi when he came on and that's saying something. Iwobi is the no-impact sub, why not King?

Status
Not open for further replies.