Match Thread Aston Villa v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Little bit of pressure but it wasn't enough. We deserved to draw.

I'm disappointed at the lack of urgency. Good teams are visibly at full throttle when they need to win a game late but we looked happy enough to draw.
Don't think Richarlison an DCL make a good partnership , good players but don't link up well enough, they definitely need Rodriquez with them, because we don't create enough. Right winger and right fullback priorities for us next season.

Poor game with very little quality from two teams that have benefited from a crazy season where being organised and not much more counts for so much.

I am expecting another long slog at the weekend unfortunately. Even if we get Europe I don’t think I’ve massively enjoyed watching us play since the first few weeks of the year

How Martin Atkinson is still a premier league referee is an utter piss take. He made up his own rules twice in that game, once when he decided to halt play for a free kick to us when we were attacking on the half way line just so Villa could bring Grealish on and then at the end when he bizarrely let Tyrone Mings stay on the pitch after he needed treatment.
Amongst the different viewpoints on the result tonight , I think that's something we can all agree on .
I don't know what's more disgraceful , that cynical challenge or the fact that that useless prat in black will be a Goodison again one day.

Yes, no manager on Earth could finish 8th with a poor Everton team. I can't think of anyone named Samuel Allardyce who has ever done it.
Give it time. Chopping and changing managers simply hasn’t worked, we need to give him a chance to build his own team.

Status
Not open for further replies.