Match Thread Aston Villa v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Frustrated more than depressed - top 4, never mind Europe, was there for us this season and we've buggered it by being so inconsistent and poo at home. Sadly, that's what you get with the dross in our squad, except for Allan, Godfrey, duke and James.

We need another window like last summer, with a bit more pace, whilst clearing out the crap, and the consistency and better play will come.

Training consists of

Little 2 touch matches
4 v 4
Crossing and shooting

Every video is the same
Every week

Yeah... I try not to delve too deep into them tbf mate as sure that's just the ones they show that are most 'entertaining' but we are seeing no evidence (on the pitch) of...

Pressing
Third-man running from deep
Even playing out from the back

Like I've said, I can't complain about this performance today yet praise the West Ham one as I did the other day (despite some confusion) because to me they're very similar. It's what I expected. But if we don't create that chance then we aren't gonna get the points, barring what happened at Arsenal.

It's all very poor.

Frustrated more than depressed - top 4, never mind Europe, was there for us this season and we've buggered it by being so inconsistent and poo. Sadly, that's what you get with the dross in our squad, except for Allan, Godfrey, duke and James.

We need another window like last summer, with a bit more pace, whilst clearing out the crap, and the consistency and better play will come.
Fixed that for you mert

Yeah... I try not to delve too deep into them tbf mate as sure that's just the ones they show that are most 'entertaining' but we are seeing no evidence (on the pitch) of...

Pressing
Third-man running from deep
Even playing out from the back

Like I've said, I can't complain about this performance today yet praise the West Ham one as I did the other day (despite some confusion) because to me they're very similar. It's what I expected. But if we don't create that chance then we aren't gonna get the points, barring what happened at Arsenal.

It's all very poor.
One theory and question is - if we had played that 'tight and contained Vs W. Ham' method in all the home games we threw away, how many more points would we be better off from the (8x3) 24pts on offer...(who now would turn their noses up at a possible 2 draws and 1 win and 5 losses from 8 home games) a mere 5 extra points.
Also remembering there are no fans in the ground to groan and boo at such surrender monkey shithousery either.

...Asking for a friend

Watching this team "trying to play soccer" is painful on the eyes.
I became a fan of this team for James but it is no longer worth it... seems a delicate little girl.
I became a fan of this team because of James too, and Mina, but then I fell in love with Everton’s football history and their values, the fan base, and this forum.

Sure the team is not playing their best football this season but we are a team in transition. It is a new plan and new projects take time to perfect. You shall know that if you follow Colombian NT because at times that team can also be painful on the eyes. Still, I try to support both, Colombia and Everton, without being so judgmental and hostile.

Last edited:
I became a fan of this team because of James too but then I fell in love with Everton’s football history and their values, the fan base, and this forum.

Sure the team is not playing their best football this season but we are a team in transition. It is a new plan and new projects take time to perfect. You shall know that if you follow Colombian NT because at times that team can also be painful on the eyes. Still, I try to support both, Colombia and Everton, without being so judgmental and hostile.
Its rough sometimes but we still have our moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.