Aston Villa (H)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be honest and say that I tend not to frequent the pubs before of after the game mainly because I'm slightly worried the locals will tale umbridge to my Stopfordian accent. The Wetherspoon's just round the corner from Goodison looks like it's great fun however and I would definately recommend it. Maybe one day I'll brave going in there myself
I don't think anyone will giva sh*t as long as you're a blue. I hardly sound like a Wavertree lad anymore.
To the Swiss & Aussie lads- Have fun!

I don't think anyone will giva sh*t as long as you're a blue. I hardly sound like a Wavertree lad anymore.
To the Swiss & Aussie lads- Have fun!

To be fair, the vast majority of Scouse Evertonians I've met have never had a problem with me. I am slightly weary though if only because booze+local pride can sometimes = the manc gets his arse kicked.
That being said, I agree that the Aussies and Swiss shouldn't have any issues

I came over for the Sunderland match a few weeks ago. My missus doesn't know a football from a rugby ball but I brought her along anyway, as well as my dad who supports the RS - one of his few faults - but as I told him, it is never too late to convert!

Pushed the boat out and went in the Joe Mercer Lounge. Met Duncan McKenzie and Trevor Ross, and before the game saw Jurgen Klinsmann, Alan Stubbs, Graeme Sharp and Ronnie Goodlass in the stand. Liz McClarnon (ex-Atomic Kitten or some dross like that) was there, as was Leon Osman's brother, who is Leon's Mini Me.

Not the greatest game but we won and it was a cracking day out.

Had a chat with one of the stewards and he said there were 2 lads who hadn't been to the match for 30 years who flew in from Australia for the derby.

Good to see people from all over the world making the pilgrimage to GP.

Players lounge offer for the villa game is £25 and includes an unlimited bar 12.30 - 7.30, a bite to eat before the game and an ex player after the game for some guest speaking.

D'you have a link for me to look at for the players lunge offer? Cheers mate

D'you have a link for me to look at for the players lunge offer? Cheers mate

Not really a link available, ive been 3-4 times this season. Its above players lounge, really good laugh. About 10 tables, bite to eat, ex everton player after who tells a few stories and usually does a Q&A, well worth your money. Stella, Bud, Fosters, carling all part of the deal and house spirits.

Status
Not open for further replies.