Aston Villa 3-3 Everton ( Sun 12th 2pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a feeling we will earn three points at Villa Park. O'Neill's men have been better way from home this season and will approach this game a little nervously. Not so long ago Villa had an 11 point gap over us and had visions of playing Champions League football next season, was still in two cup competitions but have began to falter at the wrong time for themselves. An edgy 1-2 victory is on the cards with Jo finally getting an away goal for the club leaving Lescott to force home a late winner.

Everton win. I think we'll have to earn this one, Villa have been on a run of poor form but they are starting to look a little better and getting some confidance back. It won't be another Wigan, more likely a scrappy odd goal for us. Three points though.;)

Aston Villa 1 (Carew) Everton 1 (Cahill)

Just going for a flat out draw here. Villa played well against Utd on the weekend. That was mainly down to the fact Utd's defence was inexperienced and lacking pace against a hoof-centric and pacey Villa.

I think Agbonlahor is just plain knackered. Ashley Young is still a threat but again the league has taken its toll on him. The ones to look out for IMO are Milner - who seems to ghost about on the right. Gareth Barry, who seems to have a second wind in this run in. And Carew, a player I dont rate but will score headers from set-pieces if we're not careful.

I think tiredness is creeping in on our team, especially at the back. Corner and free kicks seems to be causing some concern in the box when 2 months ago they were bread and butter for the defence.

Fellaini and Cahill will have to step it up a fair bit. As with the Wigan game Fellaini in his pomp is almost unplayable against - he can find space, is a threat in the air, and can rattle a shot off when he can, he's also neat and tidy. But if Villa pounce on him he's going to come unstuck due to the pace. Which is why I think Cahill, as well as Neville, should be the rabid dog chopping away at them to help Felli out.

I can see it being all blood and thunder with a few chances for both side. 2 goals will come from set-pieces and it'll filter out but the last 20minutes when both teams settle for a draw.

TEAM

Howard
Hibbert Jags Lescott Baines
Neville
Osman Cahill Pienaar
Fellaini
Jo

It'll be time to see if Jo can bring it against a good side. And also is Ossie begins to play more centrally like he did against Wigan, he'll be a great asset.

Hopefully Saha will get 20minutes but I'd be very, very careful as the FA Cup is around the corner.

2-0 to the good guys i reckon. Cahill and Jo with the goals. COYB

Villa are still **** and overrated, we would have beaten United at the weekend. Villa have lost their last 4, to be 5 on sunday, I cant see anything less than a blues win, I really cant. Players are beginning to step up and collectively fill the Arteta void.

1-0 Lescott against his boyhood club.

1-0 win for Everton. On curent form Villa are bottom of the premiership, below WBA

Aston Villa Last 9 results:

05.04.2009 Manchester United L2-3
22.03.2009 Liverpool L0-5
15.03.2009 Tottenham Hotspur h L1-2
04.03.2009 Manchester City L0-2
01.03.2009 Stoke City D2-2
26.02.2009 CSKA Moscow L0-2
21.02.2009 Chelsea L0-1
18.02.2009 CSKA Moscow D1-1
15.02.2009 Everton L1-3

Premiership team form

The only players we need to watch are Young and Barry. The rest are useless at football, and used for their strength and pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.