Homepage Update: Assessing the Initial Start

Status
Not open for further replies.

catcherintherye

Player Valuation: £80m
marcosilvaeverton-1200x520.jpg

I’ve long felt the international break comes at an inopportune moment for most football spectators. England’s recent success at the World Cup has not changed my mind on that. It feels like you are just getting into the momentum of the new season and suddenly 2 weeks without football feels a long void. Annoyingly for me I have a birthday within this period so to have to celebrate a birthday with no football (whereas once it was celebrating a birthday with an end of the summer holidays) doubles the affliction.

Full article here: https://www.grandoldteam.com/2018/09/04/assessing-the-initial-start/

Should have been better,the two sending offs and Pickford's slip against Soton could have made it a lot worse.

All the crap aside, we are in a decent position. The team looks miles more promising than anything Koeman could cook up. Having said that, the mentality throughout the club has to change.

We settled for the draw against Huddersfield. We need to start approaching every game as if we aim to win it. Whether it is by shrewd counterattacking play or dominating lesser opposition, we need to aim for the 3 points.

Constantly throwing away leads and favorable results is how we ended up with the Moyes and Martinez problems. Moyes always played us down and that mentality became endowed within the club. Martinez engrained in the players’ minds that no result is safe.

We need confident players, a confident Goodison and a confident manager. We have to accomplish something while we still have money invested in the club.

Things aren’t that bad... they are just so Everton it hurts

Delighted with this break and only just only copped we're playing Wales during it, that's how arsed I am with international football.

Who, if any, of our injured players could return against West Ham ?

All the crap aside, we are in a decent position. The team looks miles more promising than anything Koeman could cook up. Having said that, the mentality throughout the club has to change.

We settled for the draw against Huddersfield. We need to start approaching every game as if we aim to win it. Whether it is by shrewd counterattacking play or dominating lesser opposition, we need to aim for the 3 points.

Constantly throwing away leads and favorable results is how we ended up with the Moyes and Martinez problems. Moyes always played us down and that mentality became endowed within the club. Martinez engrained in the players’ minds that no result is safe.

We need confident players, a confident Goodison and a confident manager. We have to accomplish something while we still have money invested in the club.

Things aren’t that bad... they are just so Everton it hurts

Status
Not open for further replies.