Confirmed Signing Asmir Begovic

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a bit of an unknown really. We can speculate (what the forum is for) but I think we can only go with if the coaches have determined he is not adequete.

Or they're sending him on loan for a season to play.
Why not sign a great prospect young keeper for the under 23s and promote Virginia?

Sound if he's number 3 behind sir Jordan and virginia - no point putting him ahead of the young fella.

Begovic's signing makes me wonder about Virginia. When he signed I read that he was highly rated but I haven't heard much since.

Surely at this stage if he's actually any good he should be our No.2. I could be reading this completely wrong, but Begovic coming in gives me the impression he'll be our second in line.

Why not sign a great prospect young keeper for the under 23s and promote Virginia?
The post you quoted answers that… he’s still an unknown. Coaches have obviously made a judgement, or he’s going on loan for a season.

Presumably Virginia will be taking the #2 spot properly? Otherwise to go from Olsen to Begovic as a way of providing competition to Pickford and getting him to up his game, which the presence of Olsen certainly did, seems like an odd decision.

Presumably Virginia will be taking the #2 spot properly? Otherwise to go from Olsen to Begovic as a way of providing competition to Pickford and getting him to up his game, which the presence of Olsen certainly did, seems like an odd decision.

Begovic will be second choice, Virginia ain't great

Status
Not open for further replies.