2018/19 Ashley Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think some of the incredible vile is overdone here. He was quite decent the first year and scored a winner against Arsenal, but he aged very quickly. He was never meant to be more than a stopgap after Stones left. It was a below average signing, not nearly as bad as Klaassen or Bolasie or Sandro though. At least Williams had some good performances.

Think its a bit harsh jumping on a guy who was coming to the end of his career (I was probably nearly as harsh with jagielka tbh). We bought Williams at a terrible time, if koeman was any good, he'd have noticed his performances drop significantly the previous year. He just came here in his twilight years, think its harsh to jump on a player for not playing well when they're mid 30s.

Think its a bit harsh jumping on a guy who was coming to the end of his career (I was probably nearly as harsh with jagielka tbh). We bought Williams at a terrible time, if koeman was any good, he'd have noticed his performances drop significantly the previous year. He just came here in his twilight years, think its harsh to jump on a player for not playing well when they're mid 30s.

I'd be more inclined to think that if he hadn't also seemed to be in a perpetual strop

On more than one occasion he seemed to intentionally get himself sent off because he couldn't be arsed about finishing out a game. Burnley away was the most glaring example. Work with some Stoke fans and they say he did similar for them as well

Jags was at least a consummate professional at all times, even if his body let him down

I'd be more inclined to think that if he hadn't also seemed to be in a perpetual strop

On more than one occasion he seemed to intentionally get himself sent off because he couldn't be arsed about finishing out a game. Burnley away was the most glaring example. Work with some Stoke fans and they say he did similar for them as well

Jags was at least a consummate professional at all times, even if his body let him down

Tbf, he's English so it was no surprise. If he was actually Welsh he'd be a never say die lion with a dragon ripping through his back eating up any striker in his wake.

F21DB050-9620-4363-A3A5-6DF6AF49186B.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.