Arteta or Silva?

Who would you have?

• Arteta

• Silva

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember Rene Meulensteen being lauded as the secret weapon at United that was underpinning Man United's success.

Never made the jump successfully to management. And he had 10x the experience Arteta has.

Some people are good as cogs in the machine, other people are good at operating the actual machine, and until they have proven experience at doing it then they simply are too big a risk logically if you want to be taken seriously as a top level club IMO.
Paul Clement was another assistant coach with an amazing reputation - not everyone can make the jump like Mourinho did.

Arteta might be wonderful, might not. One reason I was happy giving Martinez the job was we were in a fairly stable position at the time, risk wasn’t too high in giving him a chance and indeed worked out for a season. With the stadium move in the works (and financing needed to secured) doubt risk will be embraced so Silva is a much safer option of the two, despite his limited history at clubs.

Last edited:
Paul Clement was another assistant coach with an amazing reputation - not everyone can make the jump like Mourinho did.

Arteta might be wonderful, might not. One reason I was happy giving Martinez the job was we were in a fairly stable position at the time, risk wasn’t too high in giving him a chance and indeed worked out for a season. With the stadium move in the works (and financing needed to secured) doubt risk will be embraced so Silva is a much safer option of the two, despite his limited history at clubs.

Agree, hes not blowing me away at all, but as I keep saying, with the right recruitment, hes not totally bad and we could maybe have a pop at at least cementing our place back as the best of the rest, that should be our goal in the first "phase", then maybe next season, again recruitment will be key, maybe have a stab at getting amongst it.

No manager we can appoint will be a magic wand, as you say, Arteta could be the best manager to ever walk the earth, but equally he could be proper Roy Keane, Silva whilst is not "the best", as I keep saying, I think hes the best we can appoint at this time, hes hungry, he has ambition, he could be good fit for us, he could also stink the place out, but in all his time at clubs, he doesnt really have a black mark as such, you know like, for example, like Koeman for us or even Martinez.

Sure his time at Hull didnt end well, but he got some cracking results there and his start at Watford was quite decent, we all know what happened to "derail" him there.

So whilst im not jumping for joy, I am, as always slightly hopeful.

Seems as though you may have had a few elixirs yourself sir.

Who me?

AgonizingKlutzyFowl-max-1mb.gif

Arteta or Silva?

Neither one. One has'nt managed anything and the other one has not managed anything well.

And the idea of paying Watford compensation is madness.

Why not get someone who has managed well and played with style. = Howe for me.

What qualities does Arteta have as a manager that would lead a club to employ him?

Answer Please: ________________

Arteta ...Good footballer...Good Coach/Manager?...Perhaps...But he's too big a gamble for Everton (n)

Just a step TOO far...(At this time anyway!)

Mikel Arteta all day for me. I don't think it is even a risk as the man is ready to take the reins of a big club.

Take his training wheels off and he could make us soar to heights not seen since the 80's.

Status
Not open for further replies.