Arshavin or Moutinho?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tennessee Blue Mike

Player Valuation: £50m
Heard Spurs going in for Arshavin. If we are expected to break the piggy bank like Wyness suggests per A bola for Mountinho why not go back in for Arshavin? Am I missing something here?:eek:

Moutinho by a mile. He's younger, has more time to develop his potential, his game is more suited to England, he has a better workrate, he's more versatile and he plays in a position that needs strengthening.

There are younger players with more natural talent than Moutinho out there but there are very few with his maturity, attitude and consistency. He's a managers dream really, I'd love him here.

Arshavin is 27 and has had one good season in his hole career. He's alot more of a gamble in my opinion. He's also made it clear he wouldn't consider a team outside the "top four".

Arshavin has started to believe his own hype. He first said Everton would be an ideal choice but now it's only Barca or Arsenal he's interested in.

Superb player mind but maybe the Euro's made his head a little bigger?

Moutinho is a superb player, both are but Moutinho would be first choice being much younger.

Moutinho, younger, cheaper player who is probably more skillful. If not a great signing he would be a great investement for the future as we could sell him for alot if we needed.

Zenit and Arshavin are being stupid, going to the press saying they want to go to Barca - then after they rejected him, he wnts to go to madrid etc...

...then bumping up the price to £21 million. Its stupid.

Where's Arshavin been for the last 10 years? Shades of Toto Schillacci. One good season does not make you a good player

Arshavin is 27. Moutinho is 21. Moutinho has resale value and longevity. Moutinho by a mile.

Where's Arshavin been for the last 10 years? Shades of Toto Schillacci. One good season does not make you a good player

Pinnacle of not knowing what the hell you're talking about. Arshavin has been that good for the past five years. He's been the sole reason Zenit were competitive in the RPL before they were bought by Gazprom. He's been loyal to his club. Just because you didn't know about Arshavin doesn't me he just had his first good season, because I can tell you that he's always been that good.

Last edited:
Arshavin is 27. Moutinho is 21. Moutinho has resale value and longevity. Moutinho by a mile.

Pinnacle of not knowing what the hell you're talking about. Arshavin has been that good for the past five years. He's been the sole reason Zenit were competitive in the RPL before they were bought by Gazprom. He's been loyal to his club. Just because you didn't know about Arshavin doesn't me he just had his first good season, because I can tell you that he's always been that good.

I'd go for Izmailov also. Can't be expensive.

I would go for Moutinho. For some reason Arshavin reminds me of Barmby - I think he would only come to us to use us as a stepping stone for something bigger. His display at the Euro's has definatley gone to his head.

Most people have gone for moutinho because he is younger. Well i think Arshavin is a better player. He has the key to unlock defences at that my good friends is pricless!! An to say he's had one good season shows people don't know what their on about. He's been getting better an better for the past 4 or so years.

Saying that Moutinho is a class act, an will only get better. Plus we'll probably never lose out money wise with him.

So tbh i'd be over the moon if either signed.

i think arshavin may have trouble settling in england.

moutinho though could bring out the best in arteta.
i have a hunch that both playing here could lead to arteta's spain call up.

i think arshavin may have trouble settling in england.

moutinho though could bring out the best in arteta.
i have a hunch that both playing here could lead to arteta's spain call up.
Doubt we will get either not only the transfer fee the wages will blow us out the water:(

Doubt we will get either not only the transfer fee the wages will blow us out the water:(

I don't think Moutinho will be on big wages to be honest. I don't think so anyway, I could be wrong.

Arshavin is one about 50 grand a week so I agree with that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.