Match Thread Arsenal v Everton - To Be Re-arranged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could go 4/4/1/1 if Lampard was trying to be tighter.

Pickford
Pats. Coady. Tarkowski Myko
Gueye
Onana. Davies*. Iwobi
Gordon
Maupay

Put an * beside Davies as could play Garner in there if he’s up to speed or another midfielder.
Lampard will probably go 4/3/3, but it’s good to see that there are now options to change formations depending on circumstances and still put out a strong team.
I like Gray for the counter
No need to change it other than Pickford and maybe Gana for Davies if he's up to fitness, even if that is harsh on Davies who's been very good

I like Gray for the counter
No need to change it other than Pickford and maybe Gana for Davies if he's up to fitness, even if that is harsh on Davies who's been very good
I’ve no problems with the 4/3/3 just thought I’d put out a slightly different team / formation to show the flexibility of the squad.
Didn’t realise Pickford was injured until now.

Very overrated team. Now is the time to play them - they've had the easiest start out of all the Premier League sides and the first decent opponent they face, they come unstuck.

Ten Hag got tactics perfect and we need to do same. Sit deep, hit them with quick counters. Be aggressive. Tactically foul them, disrupt their rhythm.

1-1 full time is my prediction.

If she died today why would next week’s game be posponed, MAC?

Will their be week’s of “mourning” or sommat?
Something like that. I'd say the Arsenal game is pretty much gone, not too sure it'd stretch the 10 days though. Making working class people lose money on not being allowed to work 10 days after the fact isn't exactly going to go down well in the current climate.

Tough game. Been listening to some of their fan channels and they're all banking 3pts thinking it'll be a repeat of the last game of the season. They've got a game tonight. Lose and fans might get a bit twitchy if we start brightly at The Emirates. Would love a smash a grab. Defend valiantly for 93mins then Maupay (who has a history of run-ins with the Gooners) getting the winner, Iwobi assist. Ty from that Channel would be in tears lol. Although Davies has been good (and FL will probably stick with him) I'd start Gana just for that extra power in midfield.

View attachment 182884
If our players as a collective say, were having these three points one way or another.High tempo, press as 11, has to be a brilliant press, no weak link.AG gotta finish his chances, DG gotta get his shooting boots on.NM open his account.
Couple of massive set pieces come off, us win 3-1,4-1.They under pressure, 65hours to recover from Zurich game.
Hope they get a real tough one, so Arteta cant rest his top players.

Franks gotta crank out lads up, not wreckless, so Compact, then high high energy 95mins.
If its tight after 75mins, go after it, they will tire, they will get nervy.

COYB 3POINTS.

If she died today why would next week’s game be posponed, MAC?

Will their be week’s of “mourning” or sommat?

The funeral would likely be next Sunday. I suspect out of respect that this weekends games may be cancelled too, but I’m speculating.

There won’t be like a full week of bank holidays though.

The funeral would likely be next Sunday. I suspect out of respect that this weekends games may be cancelled too, but I’m speculating.

There won’t be like a full week of bank holidays though.
ah I forgot about the funeral.

How many people (on zero hours contracts most likely) are relying on the income from the football the next 2 weeks, with that income to be completely ripped away for enforced public mourning. With so many clubs around the country that is a lot of lost income for people who need it now more than ever.

Bad news for the away crew this Queen thing, a nice little jaunt on the train on Sunday suddenly turns into a midweek nightmare, does nothing go right ffs.

Frankly I'd prefer not to be playing the Arse'n'all this weekend. Best I can see is a 1-1 draw again with Jesus getting his customary goal against us.

Status
Not open for further replies.