Match Thread Arsenal v Everton - To Be Re-arranged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groucho

Staff member

Arsenal.

The Arsenal.

I hate playing these, and I really went off Mikel Arteta. He’s roughly my age but someone must have a painting of him in their loft.

I see the progress being made under Frank Lampard and it reminds me of the early Moyes days but with him actually being able to attract a player. We do need to win games at some point though. Having said that, two wrongly disallowed goals on the bounce that would both have been winners suggest we are capable and I’m sleeping a lot easier now than I was through most of last season.

I was actually reasonably happy with the strengthening of the squad. Indicative of this is Demari Gray being the only outfield player starting the Derby who also started last season’s Goodison derby.

All that deadwood we said we needed to shift for ages? It’s mostly gone or going.

Up the toffees!

Pickford
Patterson Coady Tarkwoski Mykolenko
Gueye
Iwobi Onana
Gray Mauay Gordon
Arsenal are a strong side and I wouldn't be surprise to see them beat us. That being said, we should have enough to make it a competitive game and hopefully we can catch them on the counter!

In line with our recent results I am opting for:
Arsenal 1 - 1 Everton: Maupay

Arsenal.

The Arsenal.

I hate playing these, and I really went off Mikel Arteta. He’s roughly my age but someone must have a painting of him in their loft.

I see the progress being made under Frank Lampard and it reminds me of the early Moyes days but with him actually being able to attract a player. We do need to win games at some point though. Ha I g said that, two wrongly disallowed goals on the bounce that would both have been winners suggest we are capable and I’m sleeping a lot easier now than I was through most of last season.

I was actually reasonably happy With the strengthening of the squad. Indicative of this is that Demari Gray being the only outfield player starting the Derby who also started last season’s Goodison derby.

All that deadwood we said we needed to shift for ages? It’s mostly gone or going.

Up the toffees!

Dangerous for me to be so far off topic right at the start of an 'official' thread, but I remember nearly wetting myself at that M&W sketch right back in the day.

Feels like a 2-1 loss, with us having a man undeservedly sent off, and a good goal disallowed.

Arsenal.

The Arsenal.

I see the progress being made under Frank Lampard and it reminds me of the early Moyes days but with him actually being able to attract a player. We do need to win games at some point though. Ha I g said that, two wrongly disallowed goals on the bounce that would both have been winners suggest we are capable and I’m sleeping a lot easier now than I was through most of last season.

I was actually reasonably happy With the strengthening of the squad. Indicative of this is that Demari Gray being the only outfield player starting the Derby who also started last season’s Goodison derby.

Up the toffees!

Demari Gray > Dorian Gray

Pickford
Gueye
Iwobi Onana
Gray Mauay Gordon
Arsenal are a strong side and I wouldn't be surprise to see them beat us. That being said, we should have enough to make it a competitive game and hopefully we can catch them on the counter!

Yes if they would of got a win against united id of wrote this game off still going to be tough they’ve looked really good so far but after seeing us last weekend no reason we can’t pick a point up or better need another big performance off Pickford a win at the Emirates could really kick start our season.

Pickford
Gueye
Iwobi Onana
Gray Mauay Gordon

I like this team, Davies wasn't terrible against Liverpool but it looks more balanced with Gueye in. Should give more freedom to Onana and Iwobi.

Yes if they would of got a win against united id of wrote this game off still going to be tough they’ve looked really good so far but after seeing us last weekend no reason we can’t pick a point up or better need another big performance off Pickford a win at the Emirates could really kick start our season.
I've always felt that playing these so called bigger sides on the back of a defeat is a potential banana peel as they would be pumped up to turn it round.

But I always see the glass half empty with Everton

Pickford
Gueye
Iwobi Onana
Gray Mauay Gordon

That team pretty much picks itself right now, be the same following week too

Status
Not open for further replies.