Match Thread Arsenal v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The lads just had a week off enjoying their luxury lifestyles yet far too many of them looking looked they'd rather have had an extended holiday rather than get back on the field. I'm looking specifically at Sigurdsson, Schneiderlin, Delph, Sidibe and Iwobi. If all 5 of them never played for us again I'd be made up.
Those 5 hopefully will be absent from squads next season.

....we deserved something but I’m still not believing we’re going to win at these grounds. Nowhere near defensively strong enough at this stage.

Thought our front two carried threat and worried their back four. I’m going for Richarlison as my MoM, he scored and was the creatir for most of our chances.
Yep but with the chances we missed,that should have outweighed how bad at the back we can be

Thing is the moaners will moan but we had 4 great chances to score today, Arsenal have really had to work hard
Aye the bedwetters will win out here but I thought we did ok. Arsenal will always have spells against anyone, unfortunately for us they scored in every decent spell they had and Dom missed a couple sitters. Lots to look forward to especially Gomes who even half fit was twice as good as any other mid we got.

Conceding 3 goals against a mediocre Arsenal side is just nowhere near good enough. It is reminiscent of the Silva era again. Don't want to even imagine how many goals we will concede in the next 3 games as all 3 of them are better than this Arsenal side.

Qualify for Europe my ass. This is Everton and the only thing they qualify for is frustration and misery for their supporters.

Roll on summer.

Let's not pretend under the Silva era we wouldn't have capitulated and lost 4-1. Lets face it, many Everton teams + managers combinations have seen us lose those games emphatically.
We are coming away from it knowing we should have at LEAST got a point. It's some progress, no matter how frustrating it is for us.

Hard result to take that. Played very well for long spells but in the end the same old problems have once again come back to haunt us. Don't think Carlo will be too disheartened but as a fan it's yet another game that you come away feeling frustrated knowing a result was well within our grasp.

what you on about idoit-sitter yards out
He had one bad miss. Scored a very good goal. It was defenders cost us the game .
But there are people here who want to slate him regardless.
Some of our fans are the biggest bells in the world.
No middle ground. We beat palace and we should be top 4. Lose today and are pathetic bottlers .
Honestly a lot of these people get exactly what they deserve.

They played well, they were organised but made stupd defensive mistakes and missed our chances.

Nothing we didn't know already, the players aren't good enough. They will be fazed out and Carlo will build his own team.

Unlucky today. Didn’t take our chances, and a horror show from Sidibe cost us goals.

Great to see Gomes back. Nice to get a glimpse of what a talented central midfielder looks like again.

Status
Not open for further replies.