Are you happy when players represent their countries?

Are international call ups good?

• Yes

Votes: 28 46.7%
  • No

Votes: 32 53.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruce Wayne

Player Valuation: £100m
What with the James McCarthy thing and all, is it helpful to Everton when players represent their countries? Does the experience and exposure help us, or are they an unwanted source of fatigue and injury?

No. we pay their wages and transfer fees. International football should be abolished. It's a hindrance. Especially now when you have amateurs and semi-pros playing against multi million pound players.

I like watching our players play, even in international colours. Its always good to see a goal from one of our forwards our a quality last ditch challenge from a defender we own..
Firstly its just good watching our players
Secondly its good to see a confidence boosting moment happen at a level you know will make a difference to them
Thirdly their value goes up, which sad as it seems, is still relevant, despite the new TV money.

for me who hates international footy,i hate my players playing for them,incase they get injured,or annoying for me when they travel so far just to sit on the bench and not be used,or not be in the subs at worst,good for them though but not for me

Not really fussed. I follow Ireland a little bit and like that they have an Evertonian as captain and I'm happy to see any of our players do well in an international shirt.

To be honest though, if it would save one injury per season from affecting our squad then if it were up to me, I would pull them out altogether.

I voted NO simply because it was a stark YES or No choice.

What I would have liked to say us yes, I do like to see Everton boys play on the international stage, especially in the big tournaments.

But I am always filled with trepidation that they might get injured.....I still believe Neville's injury playing for Wales in 1986 cost us at the immortality that winning the Double brings.

Or that they will have their heads turned, as Wayne's was at Euro '04.

..I think the situation needs to be fairly managed. If players are injured and not available for their clubs ahead of an international they shouldn't be allowed to travel. Both Coleman and McCarthy have played their first games after injury for Ireland, that doesn't seem right. Contrary to what Roy Keane says, I think we are a bit soft.

Status
Not open for further replies.