Are we stronger now than when we finished the season?

IS THETEAM STRONGER?

• YES

Votes: 194 47.9%
  • NO

Votes: 69 17.0%
  • KINDA MAYBE POSSIBLY WHO REALLY KNOWS LAD

Votes: 142 35.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
In answer to the question there is absolutely no way of telling if we are stronger or not until a decent way into the season. We will be physically stronger i think, more powerful. My guess is we will finish roughly the same as last year. But what do people expect? Is going to take time

For me we look like we have a stronger team with a weaker squad.
Defence injury is the main concern, but we still have a decent back 5, midfield is strong and DCL has a potential rival/replacement up front.

Love the potential of the players we bought in.
Fearing the gaps made by the players we didn't.

It's difficult to say we're stronger when we've lost our best defensive midfielder and possibly best defender. That said, I'm quietly excited to see what Iwobi brings. Not expecting miracles from Kean however off the bat.

Depends on how good Kean starts and if Gbamnin is good/settles in.

I actually think we're a bit weaker this year due to lack of CB.

For me we look like we have a stronger team with a weaker squad.
Defence injury is the main concern, but we still have a decent back 5, midfield is strong and DCL has a potential rival/replacement up front.

Love the potential of the players we bought in.
Fearing the gaps made by the players we didn't.
I'd say the opposite I think.

I think we've added a bit of depth with the likes of Sidibe, Delph and Lossl, and Iwobi gives another option. I'm not sure the starting XI is really better though. Kean could make a difference, but central defence and midfield aren't as good on paper I don't think.

It’s a big season for DCL and Tom Davies. The pair need to show they are genuine top half Premier League players, or they should be shown the door next summer.

Stronger overall I think.

In central midfield it remains to be seen whether we have improved or deteriorated; it will depend on the system.

In central defence, the squad is clearly weaker and we are relying on the fitness of Keane and Mina.

Everywhere else -- GK, RB, wide forwards, CF -- we are clearly stronger.

I'd say the opposite I think.

I think we've added a bit of depth with the likes of Sidibe, Delph and Lossl, and Iwobi gives another option. I'm not sure the starting XI is really better though. Kean could make a difference, but central defence and midfield aren't as good on paper I don't think.
I may be biased by my excitement of getting Kean, but I think Delph and Gbomin are both quality replacements for Gana and I guess it's whether Zouma/Mina is a bigger difference than DCL/Kean.

Either way it's pretty close but with the potential to go massively either way. Couple of injuries in the wrong place and we are deep in the ****, couple of our potential signings stepping up and proving their worth and we are right up there. That being said, when we lost Coleman last season we were right up against it, now we have additional cover.

One of the key signings for me though was securing Gomez, one of my favourite players in the team.

Central defence weaker, that's my only concern. We've strengthened right back, replaced Gana with Delph and Gbamin, strengthened left wing and strengthened up top. I foresee an exciting season with more ups than downs.

Much stronger imo. Subjectively I rate us as being amongst the top 2 or 3 in the PL for the business we have done, but time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.