Are we stronger now than when we finished the season?

IS THETEAM STRONGER?

• YES

Votes: 194 47.9%
  • NO

Votes: 69 17.0%
  • KINDA MAYBE POSSIBLY WHO REALLY KNOWS LAD

Votes: 142 35.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes a kid rated as one of the best in the world who juve were more than happy to get rid of after half a season in the first team. Not suggesting this means hes terrible but If hes the next messi they hardly would sell him would they.

That is unfair to Kean.

They sold him as they needed the funds right now, having splurged so much to build a European Cup winning side before Ronaldo begins to slide.

Will score more goal but concede more.
Kean now has hit the ground running and start off scoring goals, or brands will be left looking like a right .

Who knows? Gbamin could be Makelele reincarnated and Kean could smash in 25.

We'll just have to wait to see. The issue is we have too many unknown factors to rely on.

We have a squad capable of at best 7th, but most probably 10th. Let's stop covering up the cracks and be honest about this. Mina Is trash and we have lost gueye. Is iwobi better than bernard?? Doubt it. And we have lost gueye.

We are hinging on a 19 year old striker who is unproven really and who juve were very keen to dispose of. He may turn out good but I have a feeling he probably wont. So if we can even be close to the likes of Leicester and wolves this season then it's a good one for the standard of players we possess

I’ll let you know on May 17th.
Essentially it doesn’t really matter if we are stronger or weaker on our own, what matters is whether we are weaker or stronger relative to the competition.

We have a squad capable of at best 7th, but most probably 10th. Let's stop covering up the cracks and be honest about this. Mina Is trash and we have lost gueye. Is iwobi better than bernard?? Doubt it. And we have lost gueye.

We are hinging on a 19 year old striker who is unproven really and who juve were very keen to dispose of. He may turn out good but I have a feeling he probably wont. So if we can even be close to the likes of Leicester and wolves this season then it's a good one for the standard of players we possess

That's the spirit!

Mina is trash? What are you basing that on, he is a Colombia international and good enough to get signed by both Everton and Barcelona

Could very well be right, but we don't know for sure yet. You don't know how good Gbamin is, for example. Nobody does.

And hey, Iwobi could come and turn into Messi for some reason.

Can't agree with much of that at all. I don't have rose tinted specs but you make Davek look like the club mascot!

I agree losing Gueye is a blow, but your comments about Mina and Kean are wide of the mark and unnecessarily negative, 'he may turn out to good but I have a feeling he won't', based on nothing but your sad tea leaves. Juve were not very keen to dispose of him, which is why there's a buy back, they also have a surplus of strikers. Would you assert that every player we sign is similarly unloved at their previous club?

I have no idea where we will finish this term, but I'll give the new signings a chance and recognise that despite limitations the club at last seem to be trying to push on, so I will back them.

Status
Not open for further replies.