Are we stronger now than when we finished the season?

IS THETEAM STRONGER?

• YES

Votes: 194 47.9%
  • NO

Votes: 69 17.0%
  • KINDA MAYBE POSSIBLY WHO REALLY KNOWS LAD

Votes: 142 35.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming Rojo is the final one for the window, poses the question, is our team stronger now than the team that finished the season?

*Please commence operation accuse everyone of bedwetting.

Can only tell once we see the new signings play tbh.

Given that we’ve lost Gueye and Zouma, who were 2 key players for us, there’s a bit of a worry.

...too early to evaluate, even after 17.00hrs. Should have more of an idea after 10 games. I do think we are still in transition, it’s very hard to turn around the Walsh era this quickly.

I remember 1987 when we lost a CB through injury, moved our LB to centre half and brought in an old LB from Man City. Very underwhelming, but everything gelled and we won the title.

You can have a view but you just never know.

Certainly stronger up top with Kean, defintely got more strength in depth in midfield, could be stronger dependent on Gbamin and how he fits into Sila's system. Defence is weaker unless Rojo turns into a star turn like Zouma last season. It's been a very good window for me, some miserable cryarses want to drag the whole thing down but the fact is we won't know for sure until we get nicely into the season.

Gueye - Gbamin
Gomes - Gomes
Zouma/Jags- ?
Kenny- Sidibe
Vlasic- Delph
Lookman- Kean
Virginia- Lossl

Attack - I think we can comfortably say better in attack in that Kean can't be any worse than what we had and Lookman never offered anything.

Midfield - Difficult to say, inclined to say weaker given the loss of Gueye and I've never seen Gbamin kick a ball.

Defence - Weaker in defence, Zouma is a huge loss. He made Keane look a lot better and Jagielka was a useful squad player. Sidibe could be a useful player.

No. Defence is weaker. Wingers are weaker. No idea how Gbamin will do in midfield to replace.

Hopefully the cracks are covered by Kean’s Goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.