Are we now....popular??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honestly, all I’ve seen is everyone wanting us relegated.

If anything, I’d say we’ve never been more unpopular. Which I think as fans were loving.

I’m not bothered if we’re liked, what I care about is having a bond with the team and enjoying games at Goodison. Too many times in the last decade it’s felt a chore to be at Goodison.

Think that the recent atmosphere at GP and all that has gone with it from fans, tends to go down well generally even if things spill over slightly, like last night.

People like passion, noise, colour etc.

It might offset the view that many seemed to have, that they would hope to see a relatively big name club, go down.

There was a big contrast in social media last night, between those enjoying our plight at HT and those saying they were glad we stayed up at the end.

That's the feeling I got from work colleagues etc. They all agreed that we were a very poor side not usually worth watching, but the majority view when the banter is taken out, was that we are a good club with good fans and have already suffered enough without relegation on top. There was a sense that we belong in the PL although that doesn't mean anything in a real sense.

We can go back to being forgotten and irrelevant for a while.

We've become very unpopular these last couple of months. Most of it I get. Let's be honest, it's always funny to see a big fish struggle so of course your average fan of another club has found our struggles amusing, nothing unreasonable about that and certainly nothing to take personally.

Have found the level of vitriol to be amusing though, quite funny that we seem to have got under so many peoples skins for innocuous reasons.

Oh god, you've got software that knows what else we do on the Internet?

<deletes 70% of bookmarks>
<Pours bleach on hard drive, lobs laptop out of window.

Burns house down>

Haha, new accounts have some basic anti spam vetting - when a first post is like that I take a closer look and it was obvious really.

Besides I read enough of all your nonsense on here to be arsed seeing what you're all doing elsewhere.

I hope the club becomes more unpopular tbh and we relish from it. Far too long has this club been ' too nice ' waiting for the head pats.

All this attention this morning in the media goes to show how snidey most have been, and those previous head patting gestures are nothing more than a piss take. Hopefully the club wakes up now. We are on our own.

Status
Not open for further replies.