Are we more of an embarrassing shambles than peak Newcastle, QPR, Man City, Sunderland or Cardiff City?

Who are/were the biggest embarrassing shambles?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Koff Sland are still the gold standard clown car crashing into a bin fire, but we look like giving them a run for their money. Pretty sure our own clown car has plenty of crashing to do yet, and the bin is well ablaze.

Honestly, I'm hacked off with the state of Everton and I keep winding myself up by comparing us to other clubs with shambolic owners / boards and fortunes in recent times.

Sunderland in my view are THE benchmark for long term idiocy. Spending bit on crap, racing through managers like mad, increasingly angry fans, successive relegations. The Kings.

QPR and Cardiff were magnificently ruined by seriously mad owners (Tony Fernandes and Vincent Tan take a bow), bad transfers and managerial choices. Special shout to Tan for changing the club strip.

Man City dropping several divisions was spectacular and set the model for Sunderland to emulate. Prior to their fortunes changing spectacularly, of course.

The Geordies under Ashley were all over the shop with suitable fan fume too. To the point I was convinced Ashley was trolling them.

As for us, we'll, we've got the idiosyncratic owner. The board are now, according to some, goading the fans. We've peed money up the wall. We've got long suffering and increasingly angry fans in spades.

Are we the most shambling embarrassment? I'd argue not, but we're mighty close.

Do Luton get a shout on this?

We used to play them before the premier league then the FA threw the book at them for something.

Made their way up back through the divisions. Currently 7th in the Championship I think.

Moshiri out
All of them.
A total clean out of everyone.
From top to bottom.
Owner to the lowest ranked functionary.
Then raze everything to the ground.
Sow the ground with salt and get as many ploughs as you can and plough flat so its existence will not even be a memory.
Then start again as a supporter owned club that aspires to sporting excellence rather than craven survival.

Sean Dyche in... Our best youth product sold to a club (and manager) many have and do sneer at...

We're getting closer to toppling Sunderland aren't we?
After this season we’ll be chasing them down the leagues.
Unless we go pop as many feel we will do in which case we will have surpassed them.
And to be honest it would be nice to be the best at something again.
Even if it’s finally being the worst! :)

Kenwrong swings it for me. It was Everton or the Horse punchers. Ive gone Everton because of the waste of a chance of a lifetime to get back as a top 6 club. I do think Ashley is more odious than Kenwright, but I have to look at Boys Pen and at least Ashley went!! when he sold the hotrrible trophyless in 50 odd years club.

Status
Not open for further replies.