Are we more of an embarrassing shambles than peak Newcastle, QPR, Man City, Sunderland or Cardiff City?

Who are/were the biggest embarrassing shambles?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Worse than all of them.

Anyone who thinks abusing players outside of the ground is gonna have any effect other than make them not want to be here any more than they already do in for a shock.

If we go down, we'll sink like a stone - all that money wasting will cripple us even more with no Prem money coming in.

The Esk will have a field day lol

I take some comfort in that we are comparing our current plight to that of Man City and Newcastle and they are both on the up but other than that I think our situations are similar - chronic under performance for a number of years at a big club

As long as we all keep our tops on and refuse to stoop to equine abuse, we will never reach Newcastle levels.
They alone are the biggest embarrassment that English football has to offer

@Rokerman just a slightly biased vote? See you next season.
If you knew them like I know them mate you would agree :D

We were bad though, really really bad and for a good few years, the shoots of recovery starting to appear though.

Long way to go, I think you will turn it around but might take a change of manager to give you something different. Good luck though, you are far too big a club to be where you are.

If you knew them like I know them mate you would agree :D

We were bad though, really really bad and for a good few years, the shoots of recovery starting to appear though.

Long way to go, I think you will turn it around but might take a change of manager to give you something different. Good luck though, you are far too big a club to be where you are.
I agree with you mate. When you start to punch police horses then you’ve lost the plot.

I take some comfort in that we are comparing our current plight to that of Man City and Newcastle and they are both on the up but other than that I think our situations are similar - chronic under performance for a number of years at a big club

City got lucky and it was a different era anyway. Newcastle caught the last lifeboat.

I agree with you mate. When you start to punch police horses then you’ve lost the plot.
Punching horses
Shouting at shops
Mock funerals
Embracing murderers

Once you've ticked a few of the above it's time to worry.

BTW, off the field we have without doubt been the basket of all basket cases for around 6 years. The shoots of improvement are back again now though.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Wouldn't say Cardiff are that bad to be on the list. Yes their owner is also a little unconventional - probably more so with trying to turn the bluebirds home kit red, but they got out of potential administration, built a stadium - expanded it and had a couple of spells in the PL. They exceeded whatever they had before.

QPR also are/well were, an up and down club - they tried, they failed and ended up roughly where they were.

No point putting City or Newcastle in with that lot as currently it is a happy ending.

Leeds and Sunderland were far worse, hopefully we don't plumb those depths. We are probably closest to Villa, they spent a lot in the mid 2000's but ultimately couldn't close the gap, owner became disinterested and the people who took over also didn't have a clue (warning to us there...) and finally they went down. They also show you can build something and come back up though.

Status
Not open for further replies.