Are there genuinely more scouse everton fans in liverpool than scouse liverpool fans ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moosed

Player Valuation: £30m
Try and be as honest as possible. I often hear people saying this but in my experiences of having lived in wirral for a couple of years back in the 90s liverpool had more fans, at least visible ones. I don't really know if this is the case anymore but id imagine it is as new fans (kids) are generally more likely to start supporting a team who wins trophies... granted Liverpool don't win many trophies, they only win lots of trophies compared to us !

Id like to think Liverpool was Everton, but in my limited experience it seems more like 60/40 split in favour of the [Poor language removed] ?

You may see more rs tops because the fans seem to have the notion they have to wear the shirt at ALL times. I've even seen a few FKW' s here in Blackpool . This will give the impression or more rs fans

As a parent if you let your kids support Liverpool than your a bad ted. As a father if you let your son support Liverpool you need sectioning as far as I'm concerned. The RS will always be that - Shyte who wear red. I know loads of biffs who buy there kids Liverpool kits. If I say to those biffs 'who are Liverpool playing this weekend" they go "I haven't checked the TV guide yet to see who we have and what time we are on. When you support Everton, it's about knowledge, about knowing football, about having standards, about making the right life choice. It sets you up for loads of falls but it's because nothing in life should be easy or instant so it instills a sense of satisfaction and inner well being when it finally comes good. My wife's a genuine Kopite and one of my mates is as well. Apart from those 2 people who I can usually have a good debate/banter with it really isn't worth asking a RS anything about football because if they ain't sitting on a pub stool with a 50 inch TV in front of them or a remote control whilst sitting on the couch there is absolutely nothing they can tell you about football in general or there own club.

Scruffy tits.

Define "supporter". Does someone who identifies as a supporter but never goes to the match, can't name 50% of the people in the squad, and in general doesn't know much at all count?

I have a very limited frame of reference here, having only been in the city for a long weekend in April, but it did appear that they had more self identified "supporters" than we did, but in general the reds I did run into didn't exactly strike me as the match going type, with a couple of exceptions. Two of them were friends with some stout blues I ran into with LCAB out on the lash and they were good dudes. One of them was a season ticket holder and went home and away so I couldn't really give him much stick. Another red I ran into was actually living in Australia but was scouse by birth, and he was a good dude and wasn't your typical anti-blue, he was actually very complimentary of Everton, but his dad was a red and he grew up that way.

I've seen several on here that I trust say that the overall numbers favor them, but match going fans is clearly tilted towards us. There are no (very few) "bandwagon" (american term) supporters on our side (the ones you only hear from when things are going well).

Status
Not open for further replies.