Are the fans part of the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

argietoffee

Player Valuation: £20m
Throwing this out there but I knew we were going to do something special tonight after Richies second disallowed goal. When Goodison gets angry, it is a very special place. More so that the plastic palaces of the Sky luvvies.

The problem is that it happens rarely and that half the time the atmosphere is like that of a funeral home.

We go nuts with injustice and perceived injustice but little else.

Reminds me a lot of what a Boca mate says about their fans " we dont care how bad we play, the result at the end is all that matters" and "if you dont support the players, stay at home and let a fan who wants to support them go to the game". We can win games on our own but we do it far too rarely.

Weve had to pút up with loads of muck, granted but the toxic atmosphere we regularly have, is not a place I would like to have to work in.

And lots of our players too by the looks of things.

Point made with lots of love and respect.

UTFT.

PS - May not get to Goodison before the new stadium is built. Could start crying even thinking of that.

We are no different to other teams. When the team are up for it and playing with intent then the crowd are great. If the team are lacking intensity then crowd is flat.

Support is a 2 way thing. Players need to be committed and then supporters need to respond and will be more lenient when mistakes are made. Our players deserved criticism in recent weeks but deserve credit for turning it round today.

But the answer is no. Our problems are structural and long term.

It would be great to see Goodison like that every time. It really makes a difference. I don't know why it only gets like that when we need it desperately

Er, i dunno, the dogs or war spirit has long gone, in fact i think it will be even more distant once we move to the dock
It is a sign of changing times. Modern day football is more like entertainment rather than sports competition. Watching a match in person has also shifted from a community event to a match day experience. Fans are less tied by geographical loyalty and it is not something unique to Everton. Guardiola recently had to even beg Man City fans to even show up for their games.

Status
Not open for further replies.