Are Everton asking for more Lyon tickets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emlynsqueakyvoice

Player Valuation: £6m
There seems to be a lot of fans going without tickets. Have Everton made a statement about this that I have missed? Will we get tickets on the day?

everton will say don't travel without a ticket early next week,
if you decide to travel without one that's your responsibility.

i think this will be different to the lille trip where they extended the away end, from what i have been reading lyon are worried about getting fined / in-trouble if there is any crowed issues like they had last year. Also we haven't looked great in the papers lately.

haven't heard of any "fan zone" or place to watch the game

Everton are being surprisingly distant towards the fanbase with certain things this season in my opinion. I understand they have obstacles in their way in securing an extra allocation but they can't sweep under the carpet the fact that we will most likely have at least 4,000+ travelling over and only an allocation of 2,800.

So Everton, Lyon and the French Police are creating their own issues by not providing information for the fans without tickets because no matter how much they try and ignore it, there are going to be loads over without tickets. And why they can't just let those people in to that upper tier next to our section is beyond me given it will be empty anyway.

Maybe they will see sense and do that.

Everton are being surprisingly distant towards the fanbase with certain things this season in my opinion. I understand they have obstacles in their way in securing an extra allocation but they can't sweep under the carpet the fact that we will most likely have at least 4,000+ travelling over and only an allocation of 2,800.

So Everton, Lyon and the French Police are creating their own issues by not providing information for the fans without tickets because no matter how much they try and ignore it, there are going to be loads over without tickets. And why they can't just let those people in to that upper tier next to our section is beyond me given it will be empty anyway.

Maybe they will see sense and do that.

Probably be less likely due to the fact that Lyon are now selling tickets in the upper tier opposite to the away section, and that the away section is covered by a big net. Cant see the Frenchies extending the net for extra fans!
As long as everyone behaves themselves and no one gets drawn in to anything if the Lyon loons are out on the prowl - which I m sure they will be!

So Everton, Lyon and the French Police are creating their own issues by not providing information for the fans without tickets because no matter how much they try and ignore it, there are going to be loads over without tickets

There probably are contingency plans in place to deal with fans without tickets, but if they went public with those plans, they'd probably have ended up with even more Blues to deal with, so I can see why they might want to keep shtum about those plans.

I honestly believe that Lyon won't be naive. I'd expect a situation similar to AZ in 2006 when they asked you questions in their native tongue, and loads never got in or the other is, they'll be expecting a few blues to get tickets, and will be prepared, and simply usher them towards an "Additional" section. Whilst these fans who will be in the home end, won't necessarily be looking for trouble, infact, i'd go as far as saying, no way will they, I can't vouch for the French, and lets just hope everyone is alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.