Appreciation of travelling fans from club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great gesture but Palace is a cashless stadium

Should have emailed us in advance instead, asked for our sort code and account number to everyones nominated cards and emailed us once the funds were credited. Would have sorted the practicalities of the Club ensuring the spirit of the gesture was available to spend as intended at the kiosks of Selhurst Park.

Everything's ok now Bill, you nearly destroyed our club, we missed out on the Kings Dock because you wouldn't let Gregg take over the club and you've been the chairman over the worst period in our history.

But thanks for the fiver for a warm pint....vermin.

Everything's ok now Bill, you nearly destroyed our club, we missed out on the Kings Dock because you wouldn't let Gregg take over the club and you've been the chairman over the worst period in our history.

But thanks for the fiver for a warm pint....vermin.
You really can't acknowledge something good? I feel sorry for you.

It's a great gesture.

Even better would be the club covers a % of the price of away tickets. Or that the club puts on x number of coaches (say 10 coaches) for every away game, free of charge.

It would be a very small amount of money for the club to cover, and a fantastic never-heard-of-before gesture towards the loyal fans.

I am not expecting the club to do it (and I won't slate them for not doing so!), but it would be brilliant. Everton pays 40k a week for Bolasie to ply his trade away from our club. 50k a week for Sandro to sit on the sub's bench in Spain. I am sure they could afford a few grand for the above.

All teams should be in on it, not just Everton. Won't happen though.

But the fiver is decent at least.

It's a great gesture.

Even better would be the club covers a % of the price of away tickets. Or that the club puts on x number of coaches (say 10 coaches) for every away game, free of charge.

It would be a very small amount of money for the club to cover, and a fantastic never-heard-of-before gesture towards the loyal fans.

I am not expecting the club to do it (and I won't slate them for not doing so!), but it would be brilliant. Everton pays 40k a week for Bolasie to ply his trade away from our club. 50k a week for Sandro to sit on the sub's bench in Spain. I am sure they could afford a few grand for the above.

All teams should be in on it, not just Everton. Won't happen though.

But the fiver is decent at least.

I think £2 off every match ticket would be a bloody boss gesture.

£2 x 3,300 (max allocation of season, at Leicester) = £6,600.

If you x19 = less than one week of Sandro’s Wages.

But the fans who go the game, save £38 over the course of the season, which of course is the equivalent of a couple of free coach trips, which goes a long way.

I think £2 off every match ticket would be a bloody boss gesture.

£2 x 3,300 (max allocation of season, at Leicester) = £6,600.

If you x19 = less than one week of Sandro’s Wages.

But the fans who go the game, save £38 over the course of the season, which of course is the equivalent of a couple of free coach trips, which goes a long way.
They could and should be doing more than that already, but until one club does it further and other clubs are pressured into doing the same, it won't happen.

What's even one million pounds to a mid-table Premier League club, ffs? It's nothing.

What does a coach cost to hire for the day? Couple of grand? Let's say 2500. Put on 15 coaches per away trip. 700k a season. And I bet coaches aren't even that much.

A coach can take around what, about a hundred fans a time? 15 coaches, one and a half thousands fans with free transport saving a heck of a lot of money.

They could and should be doing more than that already, but until one club does it further and other clubs are pressured into doing the same, it won't happen.

What's even one million pounds to a mid-table Premier League club, ffs? It's nothing.

What does a coach cost to hire for the day? Couple of grand? Let's say 2500. Put on 15 coaches per away trip. 700k a season. And I bet coaches aren't even that much.

A coach can take around what, about a hundred fans a time? 15 coaches, one and a half thousands fans with free transport saving a heck of a lot of money.

The fact we've had West Ham, Fulham, Palace, Spurs as our last 4 away games, I've been to London every two weeks recently may aswell live there! Something needs to be done about train prices for football fans (i know this has nothing to do with the club like)

The fact we've had West Ham, Fulham, Palace, Spurs as our last 4 away games, I've been to London every two weeks recently may aswell live there! Something needs to be done about train prices for football fans (i know this has nothing to do with the club like)

Trains are too hard to organise.

My dad used to tell me about the Football Special. Its just not that simple to get it organised.

The reason I don’t go to every London away is because of the price of trains! I just refuse to go by coach, it’s 6 hours, it’s not the people, but it kills my knees (Christ, I’m 27 lol ). But the train takes 2 hours and is perfect.

Can’t help having 9 lengthy aways nowadays. I miss the season Blackpool, Bolton, Blackburn, Wigan, Stoke and Burnley were all in the prem lol

Trains are too hard to organise.

My dad used to tell me about the Football Special. Its just not that simple to get it organised.

The reason I don’t go to every London away is because of the price of trains! I just refuse to go by coach, it’s 6 hours, it’s not the people, but it kills my knees (Christ, I’m 27 lol ). But the train takes 2 hours and is perfect.

Can’t help having 9 lengthy aways nowadays. I miss the season Blackpool, Bolton, Blackburn, Wigan, Stoke and Burnley were all in the prem lol

Yeah I don't go the London Aways by coach, always by train, i try and book in advance for aways but thats where sky/TV don't don't help by changing kick offs etc..

Have you got a Railcard? They help reduce the price alittle

The Blues I see on the trains are not arsed about the prices.. cos they don't tend to pay.
"Keep an eye out for the ticket bizzie please mate, im nipping the bog for a quick bugle !"

Yeah I don't go the London Aways by coach, always by train, i try and book in advance for aways but thats where sky/TV don't don't help by changing kick offs etc..

Have you got a Railcard? They help reduce the price alittle

Thankfully they brought out the 26-30 railcard, so i'm laughing there, but christ still cost me £55 for next week lol

Status
Not open for further replies.