Bill Kenwright

For our benefit ? He done it do pay off the debts he and the board had ran up how can you make out like that was a good thing? Unreal I can’t get me head round how you thinks he’s done a good job I wish I could because my list of people i hate would be down by one
Its not so much saying he has done a good job, he has done what we ask of any custodian of Everton Football Club, he has looked after us and kept us safe, safe from relegation fights, something Moshiri couldnt do despite having billions to spend, ok we havent won anything, which is very annoying, but thats not really his fault, the mess we are in now vindicates Kenwright as an owner because on his watch things were a lot better

Its not so much saying he has done a good job, he has done what we ask of any custodian of Everton Football Club, he has looked after us and kept us safe, safe from relegation fights, something Moshiri couldnt do despite having billions to spend, ok we havent won anything, which is very annoying, but thats not really his fault, the mess we are in now vindicates Kenwright as an owner because on his watch things were a lot better
No chance, he borrowed money to buy the club didn’t have any sort of a plan how to take us forward , brought his leech mates on board who like him invested aboslutly 0 into the club , sold off everything he could get his hands on to stop us going under , tried to move us to Kirkby , told countless lies , over saw us winning absolutely nothing , and some how made millions of this, that’s the summary of his reign and that’s leaving out kings dock , goodison safety certificate lies , Phil green etc he’s been a disaster and the main reason why we are were we are , even that punching above our weight line that used to be thrown about that was all from under him , we were spoke about like were reading or Sunderland

90% of a large sample of Evertonians polled over a very long period is pretty representative. I haven't seen support for him on any Everton forum for years.

Fine margins apply to all clubs.... I'm sorry but just one final and one top 4 finish tells you it has been far from just "fine margins". Lots of small clubs have won things in that time.... a token trophy is hardly the success we should be aspiring to, but we haven't even managed that! LFC have been predominantly mediocre in the same period and have added more trophies than we have ever won. We've come nowhere near challenging on the pitch and off it we've fallen far behind all of our supposed peer group in terms of income.

Throw in Kings Dock, FSF, Kirkby, Samuelson, Philip Green, no AGMs etc.... we've been a disaster.
No 90% is a completely made up number that you posted for effect! Come on it has zero basis. I am on another forum where it is probably 95% backing him (or at least not blaming him for every tiny little thing) I do not see that as representative any more than I see your number though.

Right OK, so we have had a barren spell which makes us a smaller club but if we won stuff then that wouldn't matter because small clubs win stuff? You do see that you are impossible to please there and literally can not win?

No we have not challenged for the title, not many clubs have as the game has changed massively since the days you are talking about and we missed the boat there. This goes back to the late 80's.

We have not been a disaster at all, we have been incredibly mediocre. Up until last season we have not been in trouble for a long time, we have always been 5th, 6th, 7th best which is certainly nothing to book an open top bus parade for but its not a disaster either. Clubs have been up and down the divisions in that time, clubs have gone to the wall and no longer exist. We have merely been a bit "meh".

90% do not want rid of him. (such a random number)

90% on here maybe. Big difference.

Honestly though we are crap because we keep buying crap players for decent money. That is why we are crap.

The barren spell thing is very misleading (purposely). We should have won something during this time but we didn't, again because of flaws on the pitch and bad times. We could have won the cup in 2012 if Distin didn't mess up in the most telegraphed manner ever and if Moyes has the guts to press on against Liverpool's 5th choice goalie or whatever he was. As I said earlier, fine margins.
And if the board would have given Moyes a half decent transfer kitty free signing Distin would most Probaly never even been at the club never mind in the team , still doesn’t change the fact we’re on our biggest trophy drought under his watch

See I don't fully subscribe to this.

Kenwright has made mistakes, some really bad glaring ones. He is far from perfect, actually he may even be far from even "decent".

At the same time though I have no doubt that he truly cares for the club and is not the devil who is responsible for every single thing wrong with the club (especially not lately).

To be honest though these threads are kind of worthless really. All the anti Kenwright people may as well just post "Kenwright is a prick" and leave it at that, because that's what it is at the end of the day. They don't like him and never will so will throw anything and everything at him.

No 90% is a completely made up number that you posted for effect! Come on it has zero basis. I am on another forum where it is probably 95% backing him (or at least not blaming him for every tiny little thing) I do not see that as representative any more than I see your number though.

Right OK, so we have had a barren spell which makes us a smaller club but if we won stuff then that wouldn't matter because small clubs win stuff? You do see that you are impossible to please there and literally can not win?

No we have not challenged for the title, not many clubs have as the game has changed massively since the days you are talking about and we missed the boat there. This goes back to the late 80's.

We have not been a disaster at all, we have been incredibly mediocre. Up until last season we have not been in trouble for a long time, we have always been 5th, 6th, 7th best which is certainly nothing to book an open top bus parade for but its not a disaster either. Clubs have been up and down the divisions in that time, clubs have gone to the wall and no longer exist. We have merely been a bit "meh".
Suppose it just goes off what you consider succes for your club or even happy with ,everyone has a opinion me I might go overboard with me hatred of kenwright but that’s because i badly want us to win something and hate what he’s turned us into in my eyes and the fact that he’s made millions of it makes it worse .But it’s pointless trying to change peoples opinion either way so I’m jibbin it now .

Dear Bill, I wrote you but still ain't callin'
I left my cell, my pager, and my home phone at the bottom
I sent two letters back in autumn, you must not've got 'em
There probably was a problem at the post office or somethin'
Sometimes I scribble addresses, too sloppy when I jot 'em
But anyways, f*** it, what's been up? Man, how's Jenny?
My girlfriend's pregnant too, I'm 'bout to be a father
If I have a daughter, guess what I'm a call her?
I'ma name her Oumar.
I read about your Uncle Cyril too, I'm sorry
I had a friend kill himself over some failed West End actor who didn't want him
I know you probably hear this every day, but I'm your biggest fan
I even got the underground poop that you did in Skem
I got a room full of your posters and your pictures, man
I like the poop you did with Sharpey too, that poop was phat
Anyways, I hope you get this, man, hit me back
Just to chat, truly yours, your biggest fan
This is @4737carlin

Has he gone yet?
Soon.

FZfqdaEWYAElKEp

Anyone who thinks BMD is inferior to KD in terms of location has no understanding of planning for the future, spends little time in the city center, and has little business acumen

I actually paid a transport planner to assess central docks over 15yrs ago. A fella who had planned public transport systems all over the world and still had all the data from Merseytram. That site was half the distance from the Liver building and didn't fare anywhere near as well as the Kings Dock.

The city centre has comfortably the largest public transport capacity and number of potential single mode journey services. No amount of "planning (best guessing) for the future" will change that logistical constant.

Arsenal at Highbury were levels ahead of the Arsenal at the Emirates, not just in terms of titles but in the transfer market too, the new stadium stalled them because all money was going towards that.
Also you talk about the begging of the Premership, did you know Sir Philip Cater was one of the people responsible for its formation? He was also the chairmen of Everton in the early years of the PL while we stood still and the other teams raced ahead.
He gets a pass because of the 80s but a lot of damage was done to Everton when he was chairman in the 90s, before Kenwright.

Arsenal spent nearly £400m on the Emirates. It massively increased their income and future proofed their whole club. We needed £30m to do the same in a deal the then Arsenal chairman called the deal of the century..... what were you saying about business accumen?

He ran us into the ground.... and is still chairman now!

Moyes kept us safe despite the board not because of it....
Their job was to provide funds for manager and infrastructure.... they failed miserably on both counts.

The 90% is on this forum. What forum professes 95% support?

The longest barren spell in our history. We were in massive debt when Moshiri took over despite having sold off everything that wasn't nailed down and have worked our way through multiple managers and ended up bottom of the FFP in more debt..... and nearly relegated. How is that not disastrous?

The 90% is on this forum. What forum professes 95% support?

The longest barren spell in our history. We were in massive debt when Moshiri took over despite having sold off everything that wasn't nailed down and have worked our way through multiple managers and ended up bottom of the FFP in more debt..... and nearly relegated. How is that not disastrous?
I wouldn't direct people on here elsewhere but its a forum that has been around for decades (in various guises). If the reality was the same as some of the stuff said online he would be getting chased every game. It doesn't happen.

You cant use the longest barren spell thing if you then said that if we did win something during this time then it wouldn't matter anyway as even small clubs win stuff. Can't have it both ways.

Last season was disastrous, actually most of Moshiri's reign his been as he is a bit of a danger. There is direct correlation between him taking the reigns of the club and us going in a downwards trajectory but somehow it is somebody elses fault. The same trajectory we were on before the worlds worst person took over the club of course but that doesn't fit the agenda does it?

He ran us into the ground.... and is still chairman now!

Moyes kept us safe despite the board not because of it....
Their job was to provide funds for manager and infrastructure.... they failed miserably on both counts.
Their job is to safeguard the club and make sure that we do not overspend and get ourselves into trouble which is exactly what happened. Any more that was generated WAS provided to keep our better players from leaving in terms of good contracts (of which the manager benefited from too).

This is the crux of the problem here though isn't it? People wanting money that did not exist to be spent? I get it, we all want to see players brought in etc but we have seen all too well these past couple of seasons what spending above your means can do to a club yet some people wanted that to happen 10 years ago too. I think that is madness personally.