Match Thread Apollon Limassol - EL 6pm 07.12.17

Status
Not open for further replies.
So do you think Duke McKenna will be played full back or wing back on the right mate and who would play left hand side? Assuming 3 at the back with Feeney, Collins and maybe Besic?
Yeah Duke-McKenna or Harry Charsley could do right back or right wing back . You would think Besic would be in a back four or five , throw in Feeney , Collins and Denny and those are the six I can think of who have played in back positions . Mind you I’m struggling to remember all who’ve gone so I may have missed someone.

Yeah Duke-McKenna or Harry Charsley could do right back or right wing back . You would think Besic would be in a back four or five , throw in Feeney , Collins and Denny and those are the six I can think of who have played in back positions . Mind you I’m struggling to remember all who’ve gone so I may have missed someone.
Duke McKenna sounds like a boss boxers name.

Yep it's a strange squad ( understandable ) and hard to work out who will play where.

I'm looking forward to it ;)

Have they said who is in the squad? I looked on the official site and could only find this;

The Everton squad that has travelled to Cyprus represents an archetypal blend of youth and experience.
There are places for first-team fledglings Ademola Lookman and Beni Baningime in the party, which also features a host of more experienced faces, including Muhamed Besic, Nikola Vlasic, Joel Robles, Morgan Schneiderlin and Kevin Mirallas.

Teenager Morgan Feeney, who made his Toffees debut as a substitute in the home meeting with Atalanta a fortnight ago, is vying for another opportunity to impress.

Craig Shakespeare confirmed at Wednesday’s pre-match press conference that Sandro Ramirez and James McCarthy (hamstring) had not made the trip to Nicosia.

I presume we are taking more players than this?

I think based on no strikers going he will start a front 3 of Lookman, Vlasic and Mirallas, then midfield of Besic, Beni and Schniderlin. Robles in goal and Feeney at RB,

Have they said who is in the squad? I looked on the official site and could only find this;

The Everton squad that has travelled to Cyprus represents an archetypal blend of youth and experience.
There are places for first-team fledglings Ademola Lookman and Beni Baningime in the party, which also features a host of more experienced faces, including Muhamed Besic, Nikola Vlasic, Joel Robles, Morgan Schneiderlin and Kevin Mirallas.

Teenager Morgan Feeney, who made his Toffees debut as a substitute in the home meeting with Atalanta a fortnight ago, is vying for another opportunity to impress.

Craig Shakespeare confirmed at Wednesday’s pre-match press conference that Sandro Ramirez and James McCarthy (hamstring) had not made the trip to Nicosia.

I presume we are taking more players than this?

I think based on no strikers going he will start a front 3 of Lookman, Vlasic and Mirallas, then midfield of Besic, Beni and Schniderlin. Robles in goal and Feeney at RB,

Beni Baningime is in line to play at right-back with Mo Besic and Morgan Feeney at centre-half and Charsley at left-back.

Per the Echo.

With that back four we might see something like this?

Joel

Beni - Feeney - Besic - Charsley

Klaassen - Schneiderlin - Vlasic

Broadhead - Mirallas - Lookman

or maybe

Joel

Schneiderlin - Denny

Lookman - Klaassen - Vlasic

Mirallas

With that back four we might see something like this?

Joel

Klaassen - Schneiderlin - Vlasic

Broadhead - Mirallas - Lookman

or maybe

Joel

Schneiderlin - Denny

Lookman - Klaassen - Vlasic

Mirallas
Just said in the youth team thread, that one of the seven lads will have to start. I think it maybe your 2nd team, if the echo have the back 4 right.

Whoever plays tonight they need to see and use the game as an opportunity to show why they should be considered for 1st Team selection.

I for one am looking forward to sitting down and watching it albeit due to the early kickoff as live a few hours later.

For such a 'nothing' game I am really looking forward to watching it due to all the kids that could play a part. I don't watch any youth stuff but from what I've read and the clips I've seen I really hope gordon and hornby play a part

Status
Not open for further replies.