Match Thread Apollon Limassol - EL 6pm 07.12.17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't play Foulds or Gibson as U21's need to have been registered with club for 2 years to qualify for b list that's why we had to name Lookman and DCL in 25 man squad. Garbutt non registration shows how brain dead someone in the club was as we have 2 unused places for players over 21 that are club trained. Even if you were extremely reluctant you give yourself the option.

I think this game should be treated as per a behind closed doors match, letting the new management team assess the players who they haven't seen in a competitive match yet.
We certainly have enough talent to beat these with a different 11, and show respect to those who will travel to watch.

Can't play Foulds or Gibson as U21's need to have been registered with club for 2 years to qualify for b list that's why we had to name Lookman and DCL in 25 man squad. Garbutt non registration shows how brain dead someone in the club was as we have 2 unused places for players over 21 that are club trained. Even if you were extremely reluctant you give yourself the option.
Can't we just play them, don't let on who they are, no one will be watching anyway.

Apollon won't be able to qualify for the next round so there's a fair chance they won't give a toss about this game either.

I fully expect us to play a second-string team and win 2-1. At least that will mean we won't finish bottom of our group.

Is this on the tele?

Yes, it's on BT Sport.

Large Samuel has said it'll be a very much weakened team.

Allardyce said: ‘It is a dead rubber. I would suggest to the fans that if you are going to spend some money to go and watch them be mindful that I am going to send a team that is not going to be risking too many players who are going to be involved for Liverpool.

‘It would be foolish of me to consider getting a player injured in that game and not have him available. I have too many injuries already.’

One boost for Allardyce is that club captain Phil Jagielka, who had been absent with a hamstring injury, is back in training and could be available to face Liverpool

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.