Match Thread Apollon Limassol - EL 6pm 07.12.17

Status
Not open for further replies.

maccavennie

Player Valuation: £90m
Allardyce has mentioned a lot of the fringe players will be getting some minutes for this game. So what do we think the team will be? Folk mentioned they weren't arsed about the Atalanta game but when you are getting porked 5-1 you can't just switch form back on and we subsequently got stuffed 4-1 by the Saints a few days later.

Personally, I think it's important to go there and put in a performance and get a result, set us up for Sunday. I'm sure there will still be a few hundred Evertonians going there who would like to see a win.

Judging by fringe players and who could play and who could be rested

Robles
RB???
Keane
Jagielka??? ( possibly injured )
LB???
Vlasic
McCarthy
Baningeme
Lookman
Klassen
Sandro

Possible issues with the full back positions, maybe Besic could fill one of the slots. Possible issues with central defence with injuries as I'm sure he will want to rest Holgate and Williams.

Wonder if Bolasie could make the squad.

left back will be an interesting one, is garbutt eligible?

No mate he wasn't registered.

I do believe though that we are allowed to bring homegrown players in under a certain age ( Garbutt is too old ) hence why Morgan Feeney was brought into the squad against Atalanta.

Left back we have Lewis Gibson who is 17 and Matty Foulds has played there as We'll, I think he is 18 or maybe 19 now.

Play snide, it think his attitude is just about to manifest, or morph, if you will, in to a scoring frenzy, not even percived by him self.

Flying out on Wednesday morning, but even if I wasn't, I don't want us to treat this game with contempt.

Time we got some winning continuity established and resting players never does any good at all.

When have you EVER known Everton put in a scintillating, exhilarating, match-winning performance after playing a weekend side - it's a modern footballing myth and destroys any morale and momentum that we are crucially seeking to build right now.

Never mind much needed pride and what should be an underlying mantra to win every game.

Time we ditched this hesitant, small minded mentality and started behaving like the six teams we aspire to rubbing shoulders with. They wouldn't go all that way just to give up!

If we play even worse than we did in Atalanta and Lyon with a half-hearted, half-baked side it will be an insult to the If 1,400/1,500 going all the way out there to support our team.

Flying out on Wednesday morning, but even if I wasn't, I don't want us to treat this game with contempt.

Time we got some winning continuity established and resting players never does any good at all.

When have you EVER known Everton put in a scintillating, exhilarating, match-winning performance after playing a weekend side - it's a modern footballing myth and destroys any morale and momentum that we are crucially seeking to build right now.

Never mind much needed pride and what should be an underlying mantra to win every game.

Time we ditched this hesitant, small minded mentality and started behaving like the six teams we aspire to rubbing shoulders with. They wouldn't go all that way just to give up!

If we play even worse than we did in Atalanta and Lyon with a half-hearted, half-baked side it will be an insult to the If 1,400/1,500 going all the way out there to support our team.
Yes well, it is what it is. Rubbing sholders with top six, certainly does not happen from the perspective of the fans. Not in a long shot.
You would need some commitment from the players, for that to happen.

until then, let's all be merry

Personally I'd go for a mix of the fringe seniors and u23 prospects. I'd probably go something like this. And I'd have Hornby, Lavery, Gibson, Charsley, Sambou, Bowler, Gordon, and Mampala on the bench, and bring on 3 of them in the 2nd half. I'm only putting Jags in there for a little leadership and to get him some fitness. I wouldn't waste one player that even has a hope of getting on the pitch against the RS.

lineup (14).png

Status
Not open for further replies.