Match Thread Apollon Limassol - EL 6pm 07.12.17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robles

Besic - Keane - Jags (if fit)/Holgate - Martina

McCarthy - Beni - Klaassen

Lookman - Sandro - Vlasic

All of those players, bar Martina, could do with minutes.

Keane needs some time to try and play back towards some semblance of form, and Jags - if he's fit - should be in imo.

Why would UEFA fine us for jibbing off this Anussol with fringe/youth players?

I bet ManU will make 7-8 changes for their CL game tonight. There will still be more than enough Internationalists in the team and we should still hump them mercilessly.

Yeah but the FA will tell UEFA that we’re an easy target
Make an example of us !

Tbh I thought there'd be a good chance we'd get the squad out there yesterday or today.

Give them a few days off after Huddersfield and then take them all out there for a bit of warm weather training.

Have today and Wednesday to pretty much just work with the squad as a whole, then Thursday use as a focused session ahead of the derby.

Fly back Friday.

We've obviously not decided to do that, but would have made sense for Sam to have time on the ground with all of the players together in good conditions.

Personally I'd go for a mix of the fringe seniors and u23 prospects. I'd probably go something like this. And I'd have Hornby, Lavery, Gibson, Charsley, Sambou, Bowler, Gordon, and Mampala on the bench, and bring on 3 of them in the 2nd half. I'm only putting Jags in there for a little leadership and to get him some fitness. I wouldn't waste one player that even has a hope of getting on the pitch against the RS.

View attachment 42647

No lookman tho. He might have to come on sunday

According to the Echo, "Harry Charsley, Nathan Broadhead, Alex Denny, Fraser Hornby and Michael Collins are among the youngsters in contention to be part of Sam Allardyce's squad for the tie".

According to the Echo, "Harry Charsley, Nathan Broadhead, Alex Denny, Fraser Hornby and Michael Collins are among the youngsters in contention to be part of Sam Allardyce's squad for the tie".

3C28F6D200000578-4122388-image-a-2_1484515679266.jpg

On the basis of anyone over 21 cant play if the yare not on this list here
http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2017/09/05/europa-league-squad-confirmed

So people putting Gethin jones in, 1 he's not on the list and 22 & 2 im pretty certain hes injured

1.Robles
2.Besic
3.Foulds
4.Baningime
5.Keane
6.Feeney
7.Sandro
8.McCarthy
9.Niasse
10.Klaassen
11.Lookman

Providing we are unchanged again for the derby 9which im not sure we will be) i wouldnt take a single starter over there.
Out of the 4 of Allardyce, Ferguson, Shakespeare & Lee, i would only see the need of 2 to travel, if it wasent for uefa laws i would give the gig to unsworth to takae over for this game

He can play as he was 21 on 1st Sept

Foulds can't play as he hasn't been here two years

Niasse can't play as he isn't registered

Status
Not open for further replies.