Anyone still got their ticket from Man City 2 Everton 5 May 1993...!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mat_bones

Player Valuation: £150k
Last day of the first PL season at Maine Road and with f all to play for, EFC turn it on; Matt Jackson, Preki, Beardsley and two lots of Beagrie somersaults! Does anyone has their ticket from that day? {or did most pay cash on the day?) If anyone has, could you post a copy on here...?! cheers all. I was there too but in the home end, just remember lots of Swales Out etc

Last day of the first PL season at Maine Road and with f all to play for, EFC turn it on; Matt Jackson, Preki, Beardsley and two lots of Beagrie somersaults! Does anyone has their ticket from that day? {or did most pay cash on the day?) If anyone has, could you post a copy on here...?! cheers all. I was there too but in the home end, just remember lots of Swales Out etc
I have it. I didn’t go as my father passed away the day before. I’ll have to try and find it. Leave it with me.

Went to that one myself. We had a section of the Kippax terrace at one end of the stadium and the EFC fans in the seats were down the opposite end from us for whatever reason. Used to travel everywhere watching Everton back then,I think we were probably better away from home than we were at Goodison that season! I think Peter Reid was their player manager? I also remember both sides had to substitute their keepers,big Nev had to go off with injury,but their keeper had a nightmare and got replaced at half time.

Went to that one myself. We had a section of the Kippax terrace at one end of the stadium and the EFC fans in the seats were down the opposite end from us for whatever reason. Used to travel everywhere watching Everton back then,I think we were probably better away from home than we were at Goodison that season! I think Peter Reid was their player manager? I also remember both sides had to substitute their keepers,big Nev had to go off with injury,but their keeper had a nightmare and got replaced at half time.
Remember playing them around that time and Inchy scoring for them at the Platt Lane End(wooden seats!!)Inchy got dogs abuse off us that day, think we lost 1-0!!

Boss song sung about Beardsley that day as well "Peter the great, he wore number 8, we don't call him quasi no more".

Then we inexplicably sold him that summer.

Went to Maine Road many times (moody place) but wasn't at that May 1993 demolition of them but remember listening to it on the radio.

You could clearly hear a mass 'Swales Out' demo in full swing as the goals were flying in and I recall the commentator, I think it was Graham Beecroft, reporting the City fans were chucking eggs at Swales in the directors box, then targeted Howard Kendall and one hit HK!

Status
Not open for further replies.