Anyone else feeling damn positive?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not positive. We’ve got a good manager but not even prime Alex Ferguson does much with this squad.

We need 8 players. At least. On top of that I’d like us to sell 90% of the squad. And neither is happening. So it’s going to be a very long and stressful summer.

I thought he was the wrong fit...

I feel that positive about the way were playing at the moment that we should all go the pierhead and kick shixx out of each other.

Every day i am not a kopite is pretty positive

Looking good blues, keep it going

Still rubbish without a crowd though.

Surprised by reading the recent interview with Carlo saying 'soon' we'll be challenging for the league title. That makes me the most positive I've ever been as a blue.

More positive than i was 5 months ago but it will only take one defeat to straighten me out. We need a new midfield, I'd go as far as saying 2 Cm and a proper winger, Bernard, Walcott and Iwobi just not gonna get it done.

Bernard has regressed big time since last year, Walcott always injured and Iwobi is a number 10 like Sigurdsson who we don't need either.

Pickford is also a worry, Coleman needs competition maybe Kenny can provide this certainly not Sidibe.

Big Summer ahead for Brands...

That win has made me feel more positive than I have for years. It’s obvious that Leicester had the better players going forward and more effective in midfield. Carlo nullified that and won the game. I think with the right midfield we will do really well. That’s the place we need to strengthen in.

I hate to be a beacon of positivity in an otherwise depressed, glass half empty woe is me kind of forum (we are evertonians after all?) But my god we have improved massively since that day ol' Marco left.
I'm obviously not the first to say this, even those lads at MOTD agree but watching us play it really is night and day. Remember when we conceded goals at set pieces for a laugh? Well were scoring them now! Remember when the reaction to going a goal behind was throwing 19 strikers on in blind hope? Remember never winning away for what felt like a decade?
We look like we have a plan now, analysing oppositions strengths and weaknesses and adjusting accordingly. It's coaching at its most basic level but my god it's been absent.
Let's sign a couple and go flying into next season with that glass half full instead. UTFT!
Get real mate this is Everton...if I want Positive I'll go and lick me car battery and syphon the acid out to drink later when it gets really Everton.

Jeez where do they find these people - optimistic my srse

Just believe we have too many positions on the pitch to be optimistic.

Honestly believe we were in better shape with our playing squad and closer to the teams above us in terms of quality when we have been hiring managers since Moyes left.

Now that we have made a top class appointment the gap is huge, thems the breaks.

Really interested to see what business we do in this upcoming window.

For a change I have absolute faith that we have a manager who absolutely knows what he is doing. Whether he can turn water into wine over the long term is another thing entirely, but if this all goes Pete Tong I don't really think the manager will be the root cause of it, unlike in the case of some of the previous incumbents

I am happy with the direction we are heading. We just need to get the recruitment right with quality over quantity. 3 top players is better 6 or 7 average players. I have no doubt the manager will get as much out of the players as he can, but he needs the right ones.

We finished last season really strongly too and there was a lot of optimism surrounding Silva and the squad. It's all about the players we get in. We've needed to unearth some gems for a few transfer windows now and this one is no different.

I am happy with the direction we are heading. We just need to get the recruitment right with quality over quantity. 3 top players is better 6 or 7 average players.

I know there's the factor of the injury but seeing Bayern pay less than £50m for Sane is painful given that we spent more on Bolasie and Klaassen.

Status
Not open for further replies.