Anyone else feeling damn positive?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, because until we buy better players it doesn't matter who we have in charge. There's a small chance this squad could be turned around to compete for top 4, unfortunately there's also a small chance this squad could also get us embroiled in a relegation battle and Ancelotti sacked. The most likely thing is they continue to be lower mid table.

A disease threatening to end life on Earth hit just after we hired him. Everton that, I guess.

So * if * society survives and we do not devolve into a primitive fight for sustenance, all-versus-all....

You bet!;)

I hate to be a beacon of positivity in an otherwise depressed, glass half empty woe is me kind of forum (we are evertonians after all?) But my god we have improved massively since that day ol' Marco left.
I'm obviously not the first to say this, even those lads at MOTD agree but watching us play it really is night and day. Remember when we conceded goals at set pieces for a laugh? Well were scoring them now! Remember when the reaction to going a goal behind was throwing 19 strikers on in blind hope? Remember never winning away for what felt like a decade?
We look like we have a plan now, analysing oppositions strengths and weaknesses and adjusting accordingly. It's coaching at its most basic level but my god it's been absent.
Let's sign a couple and go flying into next season with that glass half full instead. UTFT!

Wouldn’t say down in the dumps but I wouldn’t share your optimism at the moment. I certainly like the manager we have, not that squad tho, dreadful amount of money wasted, no where near the level I’d love them to be.

The only positive about Everton is their covid tests after Leicester's visit.
Personally I'm feeling like anyone else who has been pub-less, gym-less and without crumpet for nearly 4 months...

And it's not positive.

As above when we scored against Norwich in an otherwise dire game my first thought wasn't 'when will they get the equaliser' as it would have been previously.

Confident that we will buy a midfield (at least 2 starters, maybe 3) in autumn window and the change will be huge.

when is next season starting?

We have Carlo Ancelotti as manager,of course I am optimistic, really genuinely for the first time in a long while.

Reactions: kev
I hate to be a kill joy ...

The positives:
Carlo Ancelotti
The prospect of an awesome new stadium

The negatives:
We have only one top four player - Richarlison

We have several other good players or prospects but we are a world away from being a complete side.

Three more transfer windows will shape our short to medium term future (but we’ve been saying that for 30 years).

The building blocks are finally in place though.

I’m more optimistic now that we have a proven manager at the helm. But every time I let myself get optimistic, I feel like the squad just let us down again and again. Can’t remember ever feeling this sort of a disconnect with the players. As other posters have said, there’s only a handful of players I actually like.

I think Carlo can get the best out of this lot, and get us being more consistent, but without major investment over the next few transfer windows we are (unfortunately) gonna keep seeing more of the same I’m afraid.

Let’s see how the final few games go, if we can string together some good results, it’ll be a glimpse of what this squad can achieve next season. If not, then we need to start spending before Carlo gets a better offer elsewhere. The game tonight is the perfect example, should be winning these type of games...

The term a win is a win only holds so much water. The norwich game was comfortable but the fine line at how some people will class a game stood out after that. A set piece goal changed how many would have posted their views. When the reality is we struggled in open play against a side bottom and even rested 3 of their best players for the united cup game.
Truth is about 80% of other away games in this league that inability to score in open play against a poor side wouldnt have been good enough. We all know it.
Not kidding myself. A lot of this squad needs replacing if we are not content in sitting around 10th-13th in the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.