Anyone else feeling damn positive?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
More optimistic now than at any point supporting the club.

For the very first time, we've got an elite manager.
That's what we have been missing a top manager. In the last game when we went 1 up, and for the first time in many many years I was confident of winning the game previously we would have to be 3 up for me to relax. With Carlo I feel that alot of games that we would have drawn will be turned to wins.
I hope he's backed with wedge for transfers he can really bring us on if he's allowed to build a side that he wants, FFP is the enemy now.

It's only been 2 games since we were beaten 4-0 by Chelsea with an absolutely dire performance. It may well have been over 3 months ago but not a lot has changed since then. It's been nice to have 2 clean sheets since then but neither of those performances were particularly great.
I'll admit that the future looks like it could be a lot brighter but I'll wait until we start a season well with good performances and points on the board before I start to get excited.
I'd say my glass is about 30% full at the moment but I get free refills so it does get topped up occasionally.

Cautiously optimistic. We need a stable period instead of replacing manager every ~2 seasons.

As above when we scored against Norwich in an otherwise dire game my first thought wasn't 'when will they get the equaliser' as it would have been previously.

Confident that we will buy a midfield (at least 2 starters, maybe 3) in autumn window and the change will be huge.

Yes. We lose these games away from home. It’s actually more impressive that we won while playing like absolute crap. As much as I’d love a pretty win, I’d prefer a turd sandwich win over a glamorous draw/defeat

I hate to be a beacon of positivity in an otherwise depressed, glass half empty woe is me kind of forum (we are evertonians after all?) But my god we have improved massively since that day ol' Marco left.
I'm obviously not the first to say this, even those lads at MOTD agree but watching us play it really is night and day. Remember when we conceded goals at set pieces for a laugh? Well were scoring them now! Remember when the reaction to going a goal behind was throwing 19 strikers on in blind hope? Remember never winning away for what felt like a decade?
We look like we have a plan now, analysing oppositions strengths and weaknesses and adjusting accordingly. It's coaching at its most basic level but my god it's been absent.
Let's sign a couple and go flying into next season with that glass half full instead. UTFT!
He even depressed me.

Season ended in March , so these training games meaning pretty much zilch to me.

Positive for the future ?

New Stadium.
World class manager.
As the man says 4/5 new players in and looks like a good few duffers out.

Optomistic , feel positive.......Hell yeah.

Season ended in March , so these training games meaning pretty much zilch to me.

Positive for the future ?

New Stadium.
World class manager.
As the man says 4/5 new players in and looks like a good few duffers out.

Optomistic , feel positive.......Hell yeah.

If we didn't have money to spend Carlo wouldn't be here. Carlo + Money = exciting times.

If Carlo leaves because he doesn't get what was expected when he joined, then we can all jack in supporting the club. So that will be a weight lifted if the worst happens.

To balance all that positivity I have to say at the moment my god are we a chore to watch. It's like 11 strangers picked off the street to play a game they had never heard of before. Just lucky that there are 8 or so clubs look like they are in the same position. :p

If we didn't have money to spend Carlo wouldn't be here. Carlo + Money = exciting times.

If Carlo leaves because he doesn't get what was expected when he joined, then we can all jack in supporting the club. So that will be a weight lifted if the worst happens.

To balance all that positivity I have to say at the moment my god are we a chore to watch. It's like 11 strangers picked off the street to play a game they had never heard of before. Just lucky that there are 8 or so clubs look like they are in the same position. :p
Pretty much sums it up.

These arnt Carlo's players and the season since Covid struck means nowt.

Yes much more positive... The quality Ancelotti is second to none.

Been apprehensive with the 3 of 4 last appointments as for me the club has tried to emulate the appointment of Moyes.

Carlo Ancelotti football royalty, its remarkable.

I feel like we’re a tight rope walker and at any moment we will fall off, but knowing Everton it’ll be right at the end. The current squad is hard to fathom, you really don’t know if they’ll turn up and steam roll a team or get absolutely tonked. It’s stressful not enjoyable

Status
Not open for further replies.