Anyone else excited for the upcoming season?

Are you confident of a good season for 19/20?

• Yes

Votes: 154 62.3%
  • No

Votes: 58 23.5%
  • Fence flavoured cheese on toast.

Votes: 35 14.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Too early to tell re excitement.

Need to see who we sign and when. 3 quality players on top of Gomes and a decent cb in early and yes, I will be buzzing

However, still need to see consistency from Silva, no good having a quality team if the manager does not get it right.

I only knew engerland were playing today when I was bored and channel surfing tonight, the nations league just like the europe champions league or whatever it's called has passed me by...then I seen our goalie taking a penalty, then saving a penalty...and winnning england something...So the only hope I have for this season is that Pickford takes the penalties and free kicks. Either way it's going to be a sad season... andall I'll be thinking is that it's going to be 25 years. so sad.
@Billysgingham.

Bit early to be excited as at my age excitement only lasts for a couple of hours at a time.

1560150180983.png

If we can retain the two excellent loan players from last season and continue the form shown in the last 8 weeks or so of this season, there are serious grounds for optimism. More so if we can manage to wangle a decent start in terms of winnable fixtures... if we can hit the ground running, it is entirely possible we will be sitting in or about the top four by end September. As to whether we can stay there will depend on squad depth and who we manage to sign over the next 6 weeks or so. A striker is likely to be critical. IMHO.

If you take a look at who we have been linked with historically and up to the present we still fish in the same pond as the rest of the clubs from 7th down. This means we can beat lower teams to these players thus cementing our status at around 7th at best. I see nothing that will change this outcome as of yet. We have far too many high wage earners not playing first team football which certainly takes its toll on recruitment. I love the blues and to be honest I only really watch them play. I don't really watch other teams anymore. So in answer to the OP I will be very surprised and elated if we can break into the top 6 or even better! Not holding my breath though.

Status
Not open for further replies.