Anyone else excited for the upcoming season?

Are you confident of a good season for 19/20?

• Yes

Votes: 154 62.3%
  • No

Votes: 58 23.5%
  • Fence flavoured cheese on toast.

Votes: 35 14.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Both Spurs and Liverpool made a hash of having money at first with Comolli messing Liverpool up and Spurs wasting the Bale money. They both learned from that and started buying smart. Perhaps we also have learned from the Koeman Walsh debacle.

Just enjoying the cricket and what passess for a Summer in the UK.

Check the transfer rumours daily.

I'll start getting interested, too old to do excited now, when the fixture lists are issued.

If we continue the form of the past few months then we have a chance to push on. I think Marco is a good man manager. The defensive issues seem to have improved which is key moving forward. Keep trimming the squad and adding quality signings and see how we go.

It’s the hope that kills you, isn’t it?

Everton, that aside...

It’s panning out to be an interesting one next season.

I don’t think (recruitment dependant) that we have the depth in squad to brute-force our way into the top 6, but rather dependant on one or more above us slipping.
And there’s a few contenders:

Chelsea:
Dependant on the transfer ban really, even if they manage to overturn it, the delay puts them behind schedule in bringing in players.
I reckon they’ll be OK though despite losing Hazard and potentially Sarri.
They still have good enough players to keep them up there and a transfer ban may bring the squad together and maybe they’ll actually bring a gem out of their vast collection of youth players.

Arsenal:
A poor an Arsenal squad as I’ve seen for many years and they (supposedly) don’t have much to spend.
Aubemayang, Lacazette, Torreira and Leno are class, but the rest of their squad doesn’t inspire confidence. Özil has dropped of the edge of a cliff.
That said, we’ve been saying they’ll slip and fall from grace for years, but they never seem to...

Man U:
Absolute mess of a squad.
Thought we’d lashed millions at absolute chancers? United urges you to hold its beer.
It really depends on how efficiently OGS and his team can trim this squad of the wasters and whether he can bring in the right players AND how quickly they can gel.
They’ll have loads to spend and can probably bring in a fair bit from the players they’ll off load.

Wolves, Leicester and *shudder* West Ham May also be in the same mind set as us. Watford May fall behind a bit and Wolves of course have Europa to deal with as well.

Should be interesting.

TL: DR I, like loads on here, am pretending to not be arsed, but I’m excited, as always

The worlds biggest flip flopper!

Lose the first three games and you'l be calling for his head on a stick!
To be fair if any manager, up to and including Giardiola and Klopp as the top 2 last year, lose the first 3 there would be more than a few grumblings with the way football is in the internet age.

Yep, as were building something we’ve got some good players, add to that some more good ones improve are away form against the top6 and make Goodson a fortress. We can compete with the teams above us I think Silva will learnt a hell of a lot

I think we could be anywhere between 8th and 12th this season.
Top 6 can have a poor season and still too far ahead of us.
I fully expect another mixed season next year, good spells and bad spells and there will definitely be calls for the managers ahead at some point.
Until we have a clear out and get the numbers out our hands will be tied with regards to bringing too many in, that was the clear message in Jan.

If we sign our loanees that should help us integrate any new signings easier and keep our form from the back end of last year. We were tight and aggressive and destroyed some good teams. If we don't get either loanee then i think adding 3 or 4 new starters is too much of an ask to hit the ground running in August.

5th :cool:

stone cold sober and still able to see through our money making owner.

hes here to make money on us, not dwindle his wealth down on star players and huge wages.
Well he’ll make money when he makes us better, much better, hope he sells us for three billion £’s

stone cold sober and still able to see through our money making owner.

hes here to make money on us, not dwindle his wealth down on star players and huge wages.
You know this tends to be the motive of all club owners don’t you?

Even Man City’s sheik would probably pull a profit despite the billions he’s poured in given the legacy and brand he’s set them up with.

If you think any billionaire owner is in it “for the love of the game” then you’re wildly deluded.

Of course, we could have just stuck with Kenright if you want a true blue owner?
Or do you know a multi billionaire Evertonian that we’ve all overlooked?

Status
Not open for further replies.