Anyone else excited for the upcoming season?

Are you confident of a good season for 19/20?

• Yes

Votes: 154 62.3%
  • No

Votes: 58 23.5%
  • Fence flavoured cheese on toast.

Votes: 35 14.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m really looking forward to it. Think we have a really likeable group and a manager who has actually turned round a terrible run into a great one. Coupled with the aforementioned vulnerability of the top 6 I think we have a lot to be optimistic about. Great post.

I can't really get excited about challenging for 8th place

Until we have an ambitious owner, like the city owners, not just because of wealth, the city owners genuinely want to win things, then all we are going to be is midtable

Moshiri isn't here to make us win leagues and cups.
Frank you were warned against drinking Absinthe on a Sat night lol

Frank you were warned against drinking Absinthe on a Sat night lol

stone cold sober and still able to see through our money making owner.

hes here to make money on us, not dwindle his wealth down on star players and huge wages.

I am confident going into next season, but it will depend on (at least) two things. Recruitment being the most important as always, and I'm confident in the structure we have in place now more than ever before.

But in the back of my mind I also have that 17-day enforced break -- the factors behind that could be temporary or permanent. If temporary, I could easily envisage another season like the last one, where Silva is just trying to put out fires everywhere and we finish with a similar points total. If permanent, we can pick up where we left off and have a really decent season.

[Cue Liverpool, City, Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal in the first five games.]

Must have been a rough night lad
Take 2 Panadol
Oh by the way Digne is going nowhere so the rest of your post is immaterial, although it has aroused my spider senses

Not sure where you've got Digne from. I meant our best centre back, Big Kurt. No doubt you're a Mina fanboy though.

I also saw us lose at Watford, Fulham, Brighton, Soton and fail to beat the likes of Huddersfield, West Ham, Newcastle at home. No point turning up in the big games if we don't take the lesser teams seriously.
Wasn't expecting much before the start of last season. Transitional season for me. Yeah I know, seems like we're having them for an eternity now. Didn't expect things to go that bad before Christmas though. Fulham we just didn't show up. Got a feeling that if we only managed to get to 70% of our ability, we would have ran out easy winners though.

This season I'm certainly expecting a lot more from our squad and Silva. Not putting it down to a specific finish in the table, but more to being a more consistent force on a weekly basis. Getting rid of those Jeckyll and Hyde performances we are reknowned for would be a giant step in the right direction.

Inappropriate Behaviour
Not sure where you've got Digne from. I meant our best centre back, Big Kurt. No doubt you're a Mina fanboy though.
You said best defender , and as far as I’m aware a left full is a defender
Don’t worry lad we won’t be evicting any locals to build a lioft extension
We build walls for stadiums not push them over on poor unsuspecting innocents

And Couthino proved to be shabbite when he left the Cult whereas our lads are ace
Brands is the key

mid table is all we are challenging for.

its where we are

until we get someone on the board who can bring in huge commercial revenues and build us up as a franchise then we will be competing against the 2nd and 3rd tier prem teams like wolves and leicester

mid table is all we are challenging for.

its where we are

until we get someone on the board who can bring in huge commercial revenues and build us up as a franchise then we will be competing against the 2nd and 3rd tier prem teams like wolves and leicester
Frank the money is there , it just has to cleverly concealed and used wisely

Frank the money is there , it just has to cleverly concealed and used wisely

hence why I said about growing commercially which will then allow us to spend it.

we haven't done anything of significance since the FF deal. which lets face it, 75m over 5 years is peanuts really.

Status
Not open for further replies.