Any Malta Based Blues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not me I’m afraid, but I did live there for 2 weeks in 1997 in a very nice hotel with my mum and dad. I really liked Malta.

I remember being able to watch Everton play in a pre-season friendly on the TV in my room while I was there. That was a proper novelty back then.

Love Malta, was in Mosta for a month in 2004. Such a friendly and laid back country. Would love to go there again although Arriva sadly took over their bus routes and now the iconic orange “Malta Bus” is no longer around :(. One night we spent it nearby a small pond while a family were fishing when the sun went down. At the same time we were eating lobster at an outdoor restaurant it was just so peaceful while the sun went down and people were all jolly and chatting.

In our first week, the World Cup qualifiers began and Sweden played Malta. We had loads of Swedes around in their yellow national team shirts outnumbering the locals.

Found the photo for you!

Attachments

• 2C87DDD1-C918-45EE-B7E6-78B31B259BB6.jpeg
    2C87DDD1-C918-45EE-B7E6-78B31B259BB6.jpeg
    178.7 KB · Views: 117

Spent a lot of time there on holiday as a kid. Stayed in apartment in St. Paul’s Bay and used to walk to Bugibba with my grandad. Was late 70s early 80s. Loved it, used to swim off a jetty at st Paul’s bay and go to beaches at Mellieha Bay and Armier Bay
Went to the one and only stadium to watch matches with my dad having spent years finding out how to get there!!

Spent a lot of time there on holiday as a kid. Stayed in apartment in St. Paul’s Bay and used to walk to Bugibba with my grandad. Was late 70s early 80s. Loved it, used to swim off a jetty at st Paul’s bay and go to beaches at Mellieha Bay and Armier Bay
Went to the one and only stadium to watch matches with my dad having spent years finding out how to get there!!
Yeah that's where we've moved to actually, St Paul's Bay... My first match watching in a bar here was the recent Derby win ;) , so hopefully I'll be bringing us more luck in the near future!

Status
Not open for further replies.