Anti Everton Pundits

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking earlier that with a few small alterations to the facts you can imagine the difference in reporting can't you....

Everton Liverpool 4 - 0 Man UTD =Sky would be creaming themselves over that peformance.

Richarlison/Siggy/Digne Salah/Firminho/Mané = scored those goals they'd be on endless loop all over the TV.

Everton 4 - 0 Man UTD Liverpool = Gary Neville would spend hours talking up Everton and how bad Liverpool were.

We know it's biased, we know it and have known it for years. The big 4 are now the big 6. If Everton were 4th it'd be the big 6 AND plucky, punching above their weight, gatecrashing Everton.

It's a joke but there is nothing anyone can do and personally the further we wind up Sky and the entitled "Big 6" the better. Nothing tastes sweater than the salty tears of a UTD fan crying or Gary Neville's emphasis on the word "EVERTON"

Dear Gary, yes, EVERTON beat UTD. EVERTON destroyed UTD. 3 World class goals that UTD could only stand and watch burst the net.....yes EVERTON, the mighty EVERTON!

No it isn't....how many...well anyone ever !!! has come on sky for a front page interview and said no disrespect to the opposition, But we just didn't try. It's a stitch up. How can we be allowed to enjoy a comprehensive victory if the media, oppo fans and well the football world will put it down to just that. We were ace and no one but us it seems know it. I hate sky. My opinion like but it's a hideous organisation that is supposed to be a neutral sports news setup. It should be called Red Sports...or Top 6 telly. Fair play like if you don't see it. I am becoming a bitter in my old age.
Of course i can see it. My point is that sky have sensationalised a story & we don't like the fact that the other club involved is being dismissed as irrelevant in the reasons for why they performed so bad.

You then took thier story & sensationalised it for your own benefit to debate my original post by saying it was embarrassing losing to us which simply wasn't said by Pogba or Sky.

Pogba's " all due respect" comment was meant by him as it could have been any team & Man Utd would have lost that day because of their terrible performance, but we as Everton fans see it as a disrespectful dig at us.
I see it as a disrespectful dig at us. He didn't say it though. You are annoyed at the things that have not been said or the way they have been said to make a story. You could see it clever media play by Pogba & Sky or you could see it as bitterness on our part.
Whichever way or other ways it can be seen, we both agree it takes two teams to make a game & our side isn't being fairly reported. Sky & Pogba have pitched the story to reflect on them & thier poor efforts & not the efforts of the winning side. That is pro top 6 reporting but not anti Everton specifically, its anti the other 14 teams.

Of course i can see it. My point is that sky have sensationalised a story & we don't like the fact that the other club involved is being dismissed as irrelevant in the reasons for why they performed so bad.

You then took thier story & sensationalised it for your own benefit to debate my original post by saying it was embarrassing losing to us which simply wasn't said by Pogba or Sky.

Pogba's " all due respect" comment was meant by him as it could have been any team & Man Utd would have lost that day because of their terrible performance, but we as Everton fans see it as a disrespectful dig at us.
I see it as a disrespectful dig at us. He didn't say it though. You are annoyed at the things that have not been said or the way they have been said to make a story. You could see it clever media play by Pogba & Sky or you could see it as bitterness on our part.
Whichever way or other ways it can be seen, we both agree it takes two teams to make a game & our side isn't being fairly reported. Sky & Pogba have pitched the story to reflect on them & thier poor efforts & not the efforts of the winning side. That is pro top 6 reporting but not anti Everton specifically, its anti the other 14 teams.
Fair do's

Then there's the bloke who does MOTD2 (Mark Chapman?) and Danny Murphy. I'm just glad Stevie g decided to go into management as he would surely have been another one.
here in the states we get Jim bleedin Beglin who spent the arsenal game moaning about Digne's foul throw in. After Richarlisons goal on Sunday he spent about 2 seconds saying that that type of throw is fine before moving on to Richarlisons 'dangerously high boot'.

It isn't news. There are people at Sky who have jobs for life. It's jobs for the boys. There's no reason whatsoever for the likes of Carragher or Souness to be a pundit for an Everton game, but they are, because they don't give a toss.

There's no need for full time contracts to be given - there's thousands of ex-footballers who could be hired on an ad-hoc basis to cover games that feature teams they played for, but Sky choose not to do it for one simple reason - money.

It is in Skys' interests to have 'brands'. They need marketable clubs to expand the league globally. If United lose, they've "faltered", "capitulated", "unexpected loss", because they have to present them as a dominant force and anything that goes against that as a blip; an anomaly that won't last long.

Manchester United and Liverpool have by far and away the biggest media presence and bias. Arsenal nudged themselves in through sheer brilliance under Wenger and they could market 'The Invincibles' and, along with Spurs, they're the big 'London' clubs. City and Chelsea bought their way in. The Top Four became the Top Six overnight, because marketing dictated these 'powerhouses' couldn't be seen to be failing in any way.

It's cynical. Football is dead and has been dead for a long time. You continue watching in the vague hope you'll see a Leicester-type miracle, but the chances of even winning a poxy League Cup is going by the wayside now due to inherent bias and massive money at one end of the table, and the portrayal of 'also rans' for everyone else.

I'm still fuming the way Gary Neville said "EVERTON" as if we were a pub side.

Yeah I noticed that. He's normally a bit more subtle than that but I think he'd genuinely lost his rag a bit.

How can we be allowed to enjoy a comprehensive victory if the media, oppo fans and well the football world will put it down to just that.

You ignore the media, oppo fans and well the football world, or at least as much as you can. When you do weaken you remember that the media are chasing hits and clicks, oppo fans typically have an agenda or a set of biases of their own and the whole football world talks an awful lot of ***** most of the time!

Although having said all that and despite this thread being about the negative stuff, I enjoy the Totally Football podcast and they were very complimentary about EFC's performance. They didn't view everything through the prism of United playing badly, which was getting on nerves too.

To be fair, when Gary Neville played for Man Utd they stuffed us every season, often with a 2nd string team.

Whilst it's great that we thrashed Man Utd, fact is they didn't compete, they were slow to the ball and didn't close us down properly. We played well, but they were abysmal.

I was thinking earlier that with a few small alterations to the facts you can imagine the difference in reporting can't you....

Everton Liverpool 4 - 0 Man UTD =Sky would be creaming themselves over that peformance.

Richarlison/Siggy/Digne Salah/Firminho/Mané = scored those goals they'd be on endless loop all over the TV.

Everton 4 - 0 Man UTD Liverpool = Gary Neville would spend hours talking up Everton and how bad Liverpool were.

We know it's biased, we know it and have known it for years. The big 4 are now the big 6. If Everton were 4th it'd be the big 6 AND plucky, punching above their weight, gatecrashing Everton.

It's a joke but there is nothing anyone can do and personally the further we wind up Sky and the entitled "Big 6" the better. Nothing tastes sweater than the salty tears of a UTD fan crying or Gary Neville's emphasis on the word "EVERTON"

Dear Gary, yes, EVERTON beat UTD. EVERTON destroyed UTD. 3 World class goals that UTD could only stand and watch burst the net.....yes EVERTON, the mighty EVERTON!

that gif lollollollol that's gonna get some nice use that is

Then there's the bloke who does MOTD2 (Mark Chapman?) and Danny Murphy. I'm just glad Stevie g decided to go into management as he would surely have been another one.

I quite like Chappers... He always challenges the other pundits, tries to get them to see the real picture!

Didn't see MOTD2 on Sunday so don't know what was said!

here in the states we get Jim bleedin Beglin who spent the arsenal game moaning about Digne's foul throw in. After Richarlisons goal on Sunday he spent about 2 seconds saying that that type of throw is fine before moving on to Richarlisons 'dangerously high boot'.
Utterly useless. After his idiocy against Arsenal regarding Digne, this weekend he said something along the lines of 'people think there is something wrong with the throw ins, but there is nothing wrong with them'

Don't be bitter lads. :)

Haha, not bitter mate, it's always good to have a rant! ;)

Looks like good old Michael Ball has been having a read and is on the same page too...

"Can the national media now start giving Everton a bit of credit, please?

We defeated Chelsea, but it was because they had an 'off day', it was the same against Arsenal even though we battered them and, again, it was the same after we hammered United."

You tell 'em Bally lad! ;)

McNulty is the only 'big' journo who is fair to us in my experience. Pundits like Neville can do one. How bad is it when the only former-player-turned-pundit who gives us even a tiny bit of credit is 'kin Carragher??

Status
Not open for further replies.