Anti Everton Pundits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol at our fans thinking the world’s against us. The fact is all of the clubs we’ve beaten recently our bigger clubs than us and are more popular around the world so obviously they’re going to be focused on more by the pundits.

Yet the same UK media have fawned, (rightly) about Ajax destroying RM and Juve in the CL and not posted pages of stuff about how rubbish they were.

Yet the same UK media have fawned, (rightly) about Ajax destroying RM and Juve in the CL and not posted pages of stuff about how rubbish they were.
Ajax are in the semi finals of the Champions League. We’re fighting it out for 7th with Leicester, Watford and Wolves. It’s a lot bigger story.

Ajax are in the semi finals of the Champions League. We’re fighting it out for 7th with Leicester, Watford and Wolves. It’s a lot bigger story.

True, but the narrative is the same. Two historic clubs get a few unexpected (in some peoples mind) results against the money elite, one is reported that the money clubs were crap, one get lauded for being great. Go figure.

If there was ever any 'point' for having professional pundits, then Sky Sports have well and truly set fire to it with their absolutely shameless cheer leading for Liverpool. Having Jamie Carragher basically crying with joy during the live match commentary against both us and Spurs when the late goals went in was a total insult to both teams.

These people basically regurgitate what all of us can see, and sports journalists are even more shameless as they write stories about what the bloody pundits say, basically regurgitating the regurgitation! The whole profession is just a complete con.

They're not insightful, they aren't more knowledgeable than the average bloke about how football is played and they certainly don't give a toss about impartiality.

Dont know why any of you give them a moments notice.

True, but the narrative is the same. Two historic clubs get a few unexpected (in some peoples mind) results against the money elite, one is reported that the money clubs were crap, one get lauded for being great. Go figure.
No one’s arsed about us beating a few teams when we have nothing to play for. Ajax have turned over 2 of the worlds biggest clubs on the big stage. The comparison is way off.

No one’s arsed about us beating a few teams when we have nothing to play for. Ajax have turned over 2 of the worlds biggest clubs on the big stage. The comparison is way off.

We turned over 3. On the world stage. The comparison is bang on.

But I know why they do it.

edit. And thanks for showing me how to spell Comparison, struggled with that for flaming ages.

I don't think Sky are anti Everton. I think 3-4 of the pundits are & Sky let them get away with it.
To be fair to Sky, when its transfer deadline day & we "ruin" it, they are usually all over us since the Mosh has brought his wallet.

Sky don't help themselves by employing Paul Merson, Phil Thompson & Graham Souness. Merson is a joke. I think even Sky know this. His knowledge is laughable & he has a clear hatred for Everton in recent years. Phil Thompson is not too bad but when it comes to matters relating to Liverpool or Everton he goes into a blinkered mode & forgets he gets paid to be a pundit. Souness is just a bitter old man who can't see anything other than his way which he believes is always correct & the mere suggestion he is wrong is met with anger.
The BBC are not as bad. They do use a few people who like Everton but that really shouldn't matter. Now Hansen & Lawro are gone its a more palatable place but still contains a whopper. Garth Crooks. I get he can't watch every game to have a whole picture but sometimes you wonder if he is just using other people's articles to form an opinion rather than get one for himself.

The media in general need a kick though as it was clear that we have turned a corner & our recent results bar Fulham have been good against top teams. According to them though it has very little to do with us & 95% down to the failures of the opposition. If we have played through a team it's because of the lack of effort or closing down on thier part & not because of our faster, slicker passing & moving.

I'm sure if we beat Spurs it will be down to fatigue & concentrating on the Champions League rather than us out performing another team yet again.

We turned over 3. On the world stage. The comparison is bang on.

But I know why they do it.

edit. And thanks for showing me how to spell Comparison, struggled with that for flaming ages.
All the telly shows should have a football writer on as well as ex players.

It was his disparaging “Everton,Everton”as if we are an absolute nomark side who shouldn’t be on the same pitch as his jokers,for more reasons than one i hope city give his boys the hiding of a lifetime

Was well found out at Valencia. Obviously fancied himself to do a job but instead made a massive arsehole of the whole thing and went back to Sky with his tail between his legs. The only shame is that the experience didn’t teach him a shred of humility. Massive massive bellend.

Inappropriate Language
Not anti-Everton as such, but the pro-Liverpool swarm of pundits is sickening. You turn on Sky you've got Redknapp, Souness, Carragher, Thompson. Flip over to BT, you've got that wham-talker McManaman, Michael Owen. Then the real commentators, Alan Green, Clive Tyldesley, Martin Tyler. They ship in useless gets like Paul Ince to give their expert insight, or even Dean kin Saunders. That's 11 and I only thought about it for about 25 seconds.
This is why I don't listen to talk sport or 5live.Also the reason I'm not subscribing to sky after this a season it's over run by red [Poor language removed] b@stards..

I don't think Sky are anti Everton. I think 3-4 of the pundits are & Sky let them get away with it.
To be fair to Sky, when its transfer deadline day & we "ruin" it, they are usually all over us since the Mosh has brought his wallet.

Sky don't help themselves by employing Paul Merson, Phil Thompson & Graham Souness. Merson is a joke. I think even Sky know this. His knowledge is laughable & he has a clear hatred for Everton in recent years. Phil Thompson is not too bad but when it comes to matters relating to Liverpool or Everton he goes into a blinkered mode & forgets he gets paid to be a pundit. Souness is just a bitter old man who can't see anything other than his way which he believes is always correct & the mere suggestion he is wrong is met with anger.
The BBC are not as bad. They do use a few people who like Everton but that really shouldn't matter. Now Hansen & Lawro are gone its a more palatable place but still contains a whopper. Garth Crooks. I get he can't watch every game to have a whole picture but sometimes you wonder if he is just using other people's articles to form an opinion rather than get one for himself.

The media in general need a kick though as it was clear that we have turned a corner & our recent results bar Fulham have been good against top teams. According to them though it has very little to do with us & 95% down to the failures of the opposition. If we have played through a team it's because of the lack of effort or closing down on thier part & not because of our faster, slicker passing & moving.

I'm sure if we beat Spurs it will be down to fatigue & concentrating on the Champions League rather than us out performing another team yet again.
I don't think Sky are anti Everton...

I will ask you to go check out skys front page !!! Pogba interview stating how losing to us was embarrassing and how sorry he was... sky can do one !!!! They wont be getting a single penny from me

Our PR 'department' should listen to fans feedback and get on the case. We seem to roll over and beg with all the bias. And far too many ex-Liverpool pundits on TV.

Exactly this
Its easy to win when theres no pressure
As we as everton fans no more than anyone!

Ok not “easy” but ya get me drift

So the 3 or 4 you mentioned are blatantly bias or a joke as in Merson's case. Sky might not be anti-Everton but their pundits are.

Status
Not open for further replies.