Anti Everton Pundits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sky are an absolute joke. Just look at Sky Sports News and the garbage they have on that. Imagine having a 24 hour sports news channel and the programmes they could have on and instead they have a Scotsman with a teenage girls voice who they think is a comedian. The whole basis of their football coverage is coming from the top 6 side point of view. It's not anti-Everton as it happens to ever other club outside the top 6. They have such poor pundits that they think they are the spokespeople for the money clubs instead of being able to analyse a match from both teams standpoint. Oh look here's ex-Chester City centre half Danny Higginbottom to pass comment on international centre halves.....

The bottom line is Man Utd are the most high profile club in the country and anything they do is intensely scrutinised, particulary after a 4-0 tonking.

I'm still on a high after our huge win yesterday so I really couldn't give a flying one at what pundits are saying or not saying. Fans of all clubs generally make too much of what they say anyway.

The media talk about Man Utd like that club is entitled to just turn up and roll teams over.. football has changed gone are the days when the only competition they had for trophies was Arsenal Ferguson seen it coming and got out
Neville going on about building a new dynasty is wishful thinking from a deluded ex player

I don't ever listen to what the banal talking heads have got to say...at the conclusion of a game, I don't 'go back to the studio'...I usually go back to bed!

I don't think the wider media are specifically anti-Everton, we're not important enough to hate in their eyes. They're just pro-Liverpool, pro-Man Utd, pro-Chelsea etc. Pro-Top 6 but even then there's a pecking order within that.

Everton to them are part of "The Premier League" so our role in their mind is to provide games for the darlings to play in each season. If we get any individual coverage then it's usually uninformed broad strokes by whoppers who've done 15 minutes reading on us the night before at best.

You only have to look at how they all covered Sam Allardyce's time at the club. They haven't got the first clue about Everton or Evertonians.

I'll never forget as well on Sky's The Debate last year, Tim Sherwood sat there and said with an attitude that Everton don't play young players. Then when the host corrected him and started to say that we give more minutes to teenagers than any other top flight club he just interrupted him petulantly and said "not that I've seen they don't."

An actual pundit, in place as an authority on football, getting something as straightforward as that wrong. Even the most ardent Kopite wouldn't have said we don't play young players. lol
What a poor comeback, “not that I’ve seen” and I’m a have been footballer so don’t argue with me is what he may as well said. Another sky leach.

I actually take it as a compliment that we've sent one of the biggest clubs in the world, into a total fooking meltdown!

Although it may have an uninteded knock on effect, in that it will galvanize uniteds players to at the very least get a draw from the city game!

Generally speaking, they dont know what to make of Everton. We're obviously English football royalty - the stats dont lie. And we're obviously even now a club set aside from the non-"big clubs". We occupy a space between the elite and the rest that never seems to have changed (even though table-finishing wise at times it has).

They may have become impatient with Everton getting back into the elite and that causes an irritation with the club. The media like labels to place on clubs; we dont offer them that. The only thing along those lines we have for them is an angry/passionate/tough place to visit at home. Beyond that they just dont know how to position us. The owners of this club have failed us badly, but the media will never dare say that, so they ignore us until they have to address us - when we play the top 6 - and just extemporise on the day from there.

The media are rubbish, yeah. That;s a given. But our club's owners have created the vacuum for them to ignore/insult/misunderstand us.

Lol at our fans thinking the world’s against us. The fact is all of the clubs we’ve beaten recently our bigger clubs than us and are more popular around the world so obviously they’re going to be focused on more by the pundits.

Status
Not open for further replies.