Anti Everton Pundits

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pundits very much don't really take much notice of us due to them promoting the top 6. But fans on the other hand, tend to show us a lot of respect when you talk to them.

Very true mate, I almost think a majority of other fans would like to see us do well too!

Every single professional footballer I have spoken to today absolutely agrees.

That doesn't surprise me in the slightest actually, are you allowed to name drop as to who? Or even better, just give initials, it'll be more fun! I'm gonna dim the big light for a game show like atmosphere! ;)

Yep. His ridiculous stab at 606 with the BBC bloke, (Alistair Bruce Ball?) is unlistenable. So I dont bother.
Agree thinks he was an absolute superstar, played for Norwich and Blackburn ffs,worst of the rs commentators has to be Danny Murphy, at least all the other rs pundits were decent players he was complete s €€€€e

Jim Beglin on the radio was the worst I've heard, although you're going back a bit - maybe he's chilled now. tbh a least he had a personal reason for disliking us, can understand that more than the nodding heads who just dribble over the top six or whatever.

Pity the koppites though - by far the strongest media bias is pro-Utd IMHO, must be enraging for them. The media likes to talk mince about the Man Utd 'way of football' - fearless, swashbuckling attack and the Old Trafford faithful will accept nothing less. Fair enough Fergie put out some good stuff in his time, but was more perspiration than inspiration in Europe yet you'd think it was some peak-Messi Barcelona like golden era the way they're eulogised.

Do this test,
when Everton are on TV, following the kick off, time how long it is before the commentator mentions the RS, then (if you can bear it) do the same when they play.
We’re like the Pippa Middleton of football....

Likewise when the RS are on and its getting to the 80 minute mark, the commentator will usually remark how they're good at late goals and winners "as they showed in that derby match with that fantastic late goal against their rivals Everton". (NB and not the one that was gift wrapped for them, scissors provided)

And thats before we discuss the orc called danny murphy....average player, crap "pundit" . That tool jenas is another one.....grrrrrrrrr

Do this test,
when Everton are on TV, following the kick off, time how long it is before the commentator mentions the RS, then (if you can bear it) do the same when they play.
We’re like the Pippa Middleton of football....

I completely forgot to do this test but so wanted to... Was anyone else playing? Just out of curiosity!

Examples in today's commentary, I think they genuinely don't realise that they are doing it. E.g. 'Lucas Digne has had a GOOD season in an AVERAGE team' (DN. I'd have gone with 'excellent' and 'average'). Contrasted with 'Man United are a TOP team'.

Action areas that pops up: 41% their box, 50% middle, 9% our box. Commentator comes out with: EFC have made a GOOD start.

43rd minute, we finally got: 'EFC have done virtually everything right, it’s been a terrific performance'

So we got there in the end! But we're as far behind United in the league as United are behind City! But the starting point is that non-top 6 teams get nuance, the top 6 teams get superlatives!

Status
Not open for further replies.